New user - Hello from Australia! - On the topic of Seiko Bellmatics

Georg

Hello Watch Repair Talk users!

Though young, i consider myself an avid watch fan and currently have a very beat up, Seiko 4006-7020 Bell matic that i am very interested in repairing. Its in very good nick considering its wear, but does lack in a few areas. The case is slightly beat up and the alarm button is non functional. The pros however seem to outweight the cons, the dial seems to be in very good condition, the crown is able to control both the time and the alarm bezel and the movement rotor seems to be move quite freely.

If anyone could recommend me to Mr Lovik himself, or perhaps a method that i can perform these repairs myself, that would be great. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Georg said:

If anyone could recommend me to Mr Lovik himselff

Welcome here. As far as I know Mark is not taking repair work at this time and isn't a matter of recommendation. If you want to confirm that with him directly just use use Private Message.

or perhaps a method that i can perform these repairs myself, that would be great. Thanks!

Your watch is very old and should be completely overhauled. Unfortunately the difficulty and tools required for that are way above a beginner's level as you can see from the video below, so I'm afraid that you will have to give it to a professional for a cost higher than actual value of the watch, or keep it pretty much as it is.

• Like 2

Thank you all for letting me know! Would it be worthwhile to attempt to repair it myself? Its a 1968 model and is in amazing condition for its age. The watch runs and works however there seems to be an issue with the functionality of the crown and possibly a lose rotor. If anyone wants to further recommend methods of restoration or a person who is willing please feel free to follow me @whldparacord or @_grandpene on instagram

By the way, its a 27 jewel version with an impeccable dial. Though the glass is slightly cracked, the seal hasn't been broken on either the glass or the case back. Like i said, please do dm me on those instagram accounts as i am very interested in making this piece work again

5 hours ago, Georg said:

By the way, its a 27 jewel version with an impeccable dial. Though the glass is slightly cracked, the seal hasn't been broken on either the glass or the case back. Like i said, please do dm me on those instagram accounts as i am very interested in making this piece work again

A good place to hang out about vintage Seiko is SCWF (thewatchsite.com). Beside discussing the beauty of these pieces you may find a recommendation for a competent restorer, like Adrian of VTA.

On 12/12/2020 at 9:56 PM, jdm said:

A good place to hang out about vintage Seiko is SCWF (thewatchsite.com). Beside discussing the beauty of these pieces you may find a recommendation for a competent restorer, like Adrian of VTA.

Thanks for that! ill check them out