GIA GG and Bench Jeweler

Diamonddawn2

Welcome here.

If the stem does stay in place either the keyless work is damaged, or the stem has been extracted from the wrong position, as can happen with the ETA 2824 and others.

So when it happens you will need to post more details to answer this question.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fixermole said:

Dawn, welcome.

In addition to more details, a close-up picture of the problem watch with the caseback removed helps a tremendous amount due to the differences between movements.

I attached a picture. Just adding, I didn't remove the missing screws holding the movement

WIN_20201210_14_35_42_Pro.jpg

As already mentioned there are various reasons for your problem . By the picture its a eta movement. not only are the screws missing but the sickle shaped locks are off   I would hazzard a guess that the stem was removed whilst in the wrong position and the keyless work has slipped out of line. the only way is to remove the movement dial and hands an inspect/realign the keyless work.

The attached tech sheet will hopfully prove to be of some use.

612_ETA955.102,955.112,955.122,955.132,955.402,955.412,955.422,955.432 (1).pdf

Hi Tried to find the Notes regarding the stem,  I belive it has to be pulled out to the set position before removing this keeps the sliding pinnion under tension from the setting lever and spring and holds them in place during removal, one has to be careful when refitting the stem not to disturb the pinnion.   Others will correct me if I am wrong iam sure.