First Day

Pinetreepete

Hi. New to this modern world of community and not sure how it all works.

I have been repairing clocks for over 25 years and it has been a rewarding experience from the people I have meet to the numerous types of clocks I have repaired.Like most it just happened.Got an old junker got it to run and the rest was history.Along my travels I was blessed to be able to work with a watchmaker who survived the Holocaust due to his watch making skills.We shared true bond till the day he passed at 93.Hope to learn more and maybe share some of my experience.

Thank you

Pinetreepete

12/6/2020

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you must have a wealth of knowledge. It will be us who would be benefitting from your presence here in WRT.

I only started repairing clocks late last year when a friend gave me a clock that he bought from an antique shop and couldn't get it to work. Since then I have learnt a lot from senior members here.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum.  As Hector stated, I'm sure you're bringing a lot of skill and experience to our forum.  And I think you will have some stories to tell us as well.
I am still learning more, and getting more serious about this trade.  But I, too, began tinkering with timepieces long ago.  I have been learning piecemeal ever since.  Nowadays, I repair watches in my spare time, running my side-business through word-of-mouth, and I will often pick up non-running antiques and restore them to good working order so as to sell them for money to keep the business going.  As you might imagine, I sometimes keep a small few of these treasures, ones I could not bear to sell; that's my Longines in my profile pic.