Clock Collection Going

atimegoneby

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Well I’ve never seen the make before and cannot find any info, I haven’t got it just yet it’s been left to me among a 1970’s sea master and a mid size yeoman. But if anyone has any information on this one please feel free to enlighten me, many thanks 
    • It's pronounced "bombay" like the city.  French for bomb is, 😄, bombe, pronounced the same as in English. Bombé, bombe.
    • That's a really good idea! I have a 3d printer, I think I'll design something that I can clip on to the edge of my desk to do the same. Thanks for the idea. 
    • I looked up bombè, domed in French.  It's pronunciation is bomb, does a bomb (explosive device) get It's name from bombè? I know we're going off subject but it's interesting. 
    • Okay, I checked with the fine folks at the McCaw Company, and they agree it's the correct crystal, and they have one in stock, so with that sorted time to get onto assembly. Starting by getting the spring into the barrel, which was a bit harrowing. It took me several tries to get it hooked onto my worn old winder arbor, but I did find a new use for the micrometer stand I just purchased. Carefully dabbed some Kluber P125 braking grease to the left of the divots around the barrel, and a little HP1300 on the floor of the barrel before popping it in--in case you haven't seen it, this is a great illustration I found somewhere on this site. You're not the boss of me, Bulova.   2172_Bulova 11AOAC 11AOACD 11AOACB.pdf Bulova_11 AOAC, D, B(1).pdf I got the train back in and it didn't seem as free as I'd like. Looks like the driving wheel with cannon pinion has zero end shake. That could explain the low amplitutde I started with. Now if you were me, would you push on the plate jewel or the bridge jewel? I've attached some extra pictures in case anyone sees something else I'm doing wrong here.