Selitta sw200 repair

Jimg1969

I recently attempted to change a dial and hands on a watch I purchased with a selitta sw200 movement. I made a rookie mistake and pulled the crown out in the winding position. Of course this messed everything up and I had to research how to correct my mistake.

I've read several posts and watched videos on the keyless works and thought I would give it a shot. My first several attempts weren't successful and resulted in the same problem. I took a break and gave it one last shot as I thought I forgot to make sure the stop lever was resting in the groove of the sliding pinion. After getting it back together it now works except it won't wind, the crown turns with no resistance.  I don't know if I stripped some teeth accidentally when trying to repair it or if I neglected to do something during reassembly. It winds fine with the rotor, runs and sets the time and date correctly. I will have to take it apart sometime as when disassembling I saw the screw head for the setting lever spring was only half there. I am able to remove it and screw it back in but want to get another to replace it if I need to take it apart again. 

Does anyone have any ideas as to what went wrong. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canthus said:

Have you put the sliding pinion/clutch wheel in the correct way round. 

That's what I'm wondering. I'll take apart again once I find a screw for the setting lever jumper.

I wonder if I somehow managed to put the clutch wheel in backwards. I'm prerry sure the sliding pinion is right because the time and date set fine. But the gear I can see through the back the gear that turns with the clutch wheel doesn't turn 

Edited by Jimg1969

15 minutes ago, Jimg1969 said:

That's what I'm wondering. I'll take apart again once I find a screw for the setting lever jumper

Screw For Setting Lever Spring ( 5445 ), ETA 2801.1 ETA280115445

What is your question then? Can't find that screw?

14 hours ago, Jimg1969 said:

After getting it back together it now works except it won't wind, the crown turns with no resistance.  

sliding pinion fails to return back and press on winding pinion.

14 hours ago, Jimg1969 said:

I will have to take it apart sometime as when disassembling I saw the screw head for the setting lever spring was only half there. I am able to remove it and screw it back in but want to get another to replace it if I need to take it apart again. 

I agree, you should replace the screw as the set spring is not firmly held down in place,  the U part of spring should sit flush level with and push the return bar back to engage it with winding pinion.

2 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

sliding pinion fails to return back and press on winding pinion.

I agree, you should replace the screw as the set spring is not firmly held down in place,  the U part of spring should sit flush level with and push the return bar back to engage it with winding pinion.

I can find someone selling the date jumper maintaining plate screw. That is the same one isn't it. I think the have different part numbers but are the same screw. 

3 minutes ago, Jimg1969 said:

I can find someone selling the date jumper maintaining plate screw. That is the same one isn't it. I think the have different part numbers but are the same screw. 

I am not sure if they are the same.

Can't imagine that this screw is 'special', I would measure thread dia and length of old screw, and looks like countersunk head, then try and source generic screw or stock screw.  Have you got a set of misc screws, you may find one among them.  Also check out the parts list as the screw may also be used elsewhere in the movement, to give more options. Probably also used in other Selitta movements, and even ETA.

1 hour ago, canthus said:

Can't imagine that this screw is 'special', I would measure thread dia and length of old screw, and looks like countersunk head, then try and source generic screw or stock screw.  Have you got a set of misc screws, you may find one among them.  Also check out the parts list as the screw may also be used elsewhere in the movement, to give more options. Probably also used in other Selitta movements, and even ETA.

I don't have and other screws here to compare. This is why I think they are the same 

Screenshot_20201202-152709_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, canthus said:

Can't imagine that this screw is 'special', I would measure thread dia and length of old screw, and looks like countersunk head,

I think proper seating of countersink onto the sink makes it special. it can eventually let the set bridge loose and cause misfunction of set mech, troubbbble.

Why not get the exact correct screw? 

Just now, Nucejoe said:

I think proper seating of countersink onto the sink makes it special. it can eventually let the set bridge loose and cause misfunction of set mech, troubbbble.

Why not get the exact correct screw? 

Having trouble finding it. Either it's not enough for an order or it's not in stock or shipping from another country with a long wait.

I was under the impression they are the same though after reading, only the part number is different. 

20201202_160307.jpg

44 minutes ago, Jimg1969 said:

Having trouble finding it. Either it's not enough for an order or it's not in stock or shipping from another country with a long wait.

I was under the impression they are the same though after reading, only the part number is different. 

20201202_160307.jpg

Appears to be the same part.

Sellita SW200-1 Part No. 5445, Screw

Our Price:  £0.50

–+

SKU:  LWP.SW200-1.5445

https://www.leosics.co.uk/sellita-sw200-1-part-no-5445-screw.html

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Poljot said:

Appears to be the same part.

Sellita SW200-1 Part No. 5445, Screw

Our Price:  £0.50

–+

SKU:  LWP.SW200-1.5445

https://www.leosics.co.uk/sellita-sw200-1-part-no-5445-screw.html

Great thank you. I double checked the technical spec sheet and its listed there as the same screw. I'll check into the one you found for me as well. Thanks for your help. Hopefully I'll be able to get this working correctly again soon. 20201202_165523.thumb.jpg.8d4804d231fcd12c473128b4fb0fae84.jpg

Screenshot_20201202-170548_Drive.jpg

Edited by Jimg1969

27 minutes ago, Jimg1969 said:

Great thank you. I double checked the technical spec sheet and its listed there as the same screw. I'll check into the one you found for me as well. Thanks for your help. Hopefully I'll be able to get this working correctly again soon.

Glad to help. I myself was looking for a single screw 2709 for Omega. Nothing cheaper than $30USD plus another $20 in shipping cost... Not happy! ?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jimg1969 said:

Ouch... 

Here is the real OUCH: i ordered 2708, which seems to be an identical screw, but slightly longer. Not a problem, i thought. I would simply adjust the length. Paid about 8GBP plus shipping and.. still waiting ... 30 days later.. Probably should say Goodbye by now.

5 minutes ago, Poljot said:

Here is the real OUCH: i ordered 2708, which seems to be an identical screw, but slightly longer. Not a problem, i thought. I would simply adjust the length. Paid about 8GBP plus shipping and.. still waiting ... 30 days later.. Probably should say Goodbye by now.

Yes, that's why international shipping bothers me at the moment. Still waiting on some watch bands I ordered 2 months ago. 

4 minutes ago, Jimg1969 said:

Yes, that's why international shipping bothers me at the moment. Still waiting on some watch bands I ordered 2 months ago. 

Two month! I am not worried now at all :-). What bothers me that some parcels that i ordered later, already arrived. Perhaps that "lost" one was picked for inspection and will arrive with extra bill to pay TAX, fees, import tax, you name it. It was not just a screw - there were more parts in the same parcel.

On 12/2/2020 at 2:08 AM, Jimg1969 said:

I made a rookie mistake and pulled the crown out in the winding position. 

Technically speaking a mistake but the biggest blame should be on the poor design by the manufacturer and the tens of others that copied it.