Citizen cal8700 trouble

Rishah

I was replacing the battery of my Citizen Eco Drice perpetual Calendar caliber 8700 watch. I successfully replaced the battery but the watch is still not working , is there an AC reset that I need to do or any other step that I am missing . Attaching pics for r reference 

IMG_20201128_170654.jpg

IMG_20201128_170656.jpg

Edited by Rishah

Hello Rishah, have you checked voltage on the new capacitor, even though it's new it can be low voltage from long time storage. There is a 2button reset procedure. But I doubt weather that would fix it if it's not going. You could try by putting that capacitor in and place the Watch in direct sunlight on your window ledge for a day or so to receive a full charge. Was the Watch working before at all? Citizen recommend that you fully charge your 8700 watch before use. Hope that helps. 

2 hours ago, Rishah said:

watch is still not working

one of the problems with quartz watches is the assumption that changing the battery will always fix the problem but it will only do that if that is the problem.

then when changing batteries in a quartz watch it's always a good idea to measure the voltage of the battery you're taking out. This would tell you if the batteries the problem or not.

2 hours ago, Graziano said:

have you checked voltage on the new capacitor, even though it's new it can be low voltage from long time storage.

as this is a rechargeable lithium battery it would be a good idea to check to see that the new one is indeed good because they will lose their charge over time. Fortunately you don't have to take it out I snipped out something from the service manual you can check the condition of the battery in the watch. If the battery voltage is too low in the watch go ahead and place it under a source of light and charge it up then check the voltage again. It may just be discharged and needs to be charged up.

Then if you having any more problems I've attached the service manual.

checking battery voltage citizen 87.JPG

citizen technical service manual 8700 E870.pdf

13 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

one of the problems with quartz watches is the assumption that changing the battery will always fix the problem but it will only do that if that is the problem.

then when changing batteries in a quartz watch it's always a good idea to measure the voltage of the battery you're taking out. This would tell you if the batteries the problem or not.

as this is a rechargeable lithium battery it would be a good idea to check to see that the new one is indeed good because they will lose their charge over time. Fortunately you don't have to take it out I snipped out something from the service manual you can check the condition of the battery in the watch. If the battery voltage is too low in the watch go ahead and place it under a source of light and charge it up then check the voltage again. It may just be discharged and needs to be charged up.

Then if you having any more problems I've attached the service manual.

checking battery voltage citizen 87.JPG

citizen technical service manual 8700 E870.pdf 3 MB · 0 downloads

I have come across this before with Seiko solar and it did not charge with new battery and I discovered that the connection between the solar panel and the dial had become disconnected. This is common. But let's try charging on window ledge for at least 12 hours in sunlight first 

IMG_20200903_202811.jpg