Long time away

Just a brief Hello,

I have not been active on the forum for some time but without going into detail there have been a few health setbacks and deterioration of sight has not helped. Ironically I have just recently been given an excellent watch makers lathe and am enjoying my practise with it.  I am still tinkering but it takes much longer than it used to.

I have an ancestors company verge fusee pocket watch in pieces at the moment, it is signed but as with these items probably not much of his own work gone into it.  I will be working on it from time to time but parts may be an issue. Also an Omega bumper is in pieces, cleaned and ready to work on.  So not quite written off yet.

If anyone is interested, John Robey has published a PDF on Academia about Sam Harlow, one of my Ancestors from the line of Ashbourne Clock and Watchmakers,a Long Case Clockmaker.  Its quite interesting, obviously to me, but others may be interested, I may have a word with him and get permission to put it on the Forum for folks.

Anyway, hello to everyone for now and I will be popping back again from time to time.

Cheers,

Vic