Tudor crown help

rogart63

Hi all you tinkers out there . Long time since i was here . Have been busy and not feeling to good. Been a little low. I need your help with a Tudor oysterquartz crown . It has a Rolex style crown . The tube is damaged and someone has been trying to fix it by grinding of a 6 sided part from an other crown or a larger crown. I saw repair kits for Rolex crowns on Ebay. Will they work for a Tudor crown also? It's a pretty small crown at around 5,3 mm . Crown hat is okay. I have 2 crowns . The owner bought a bad crown from Ebay. It was broken when it arrived. 

Hi Rogart. Good to see you posting here again. Sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling great. The current global circumstances don’t help, but I am optimistic that things are going to get better quite soon!

I don’t fully understand your question. Is it the “pendant tube” which is faulty? Is this a screw-down crown?

Rolex and Tudor shared crowns up until the mid 70’s or so; then Tudor ones got the shield in place of the coronet. 

A Rolex, or aftermarket, 5030 tube should work. Wholesale outlet 990 on eBay sells decent ones cheaply. 

Do you have the tools to remove and install the tube?

Edited by Tudor
  • Like 1

Hi Guys 

Thanks i will have a look there. Have some pictures here. Have no tool but sure can borrow or i buy a horotec or something cheaper. The tube is 1,8 mm in diameter for the crown that is 5,3 mm . Inside is a 963.... movement. I need the tube and the 6 sided part inside that screws to the stem. The spring is propably ok . But maybe follows with the repair kit . I think the crown tube could work. It has good threads. 

DSC00713.JPG

DSC00711.JPG

DSC00710.JPG

Edited by rogart63

9 hours ago, Tudor said:

Rolex and Tudor shared crowns up until the mid 70’s or so; then Tudor ones got the shield in place of the coronet. 

A Rolex, or aftermarket, 5030 tube should work. Wholesale outlet 990 on eBay sells decent ones cheaply. 

Do you have the tools to remove and install the tube?

I have bought from them before. i have a check .