Omega Constellation Chronometer 1976 1250 wont run

Question

Hi folks in short I have a omega constellation chronometer with 1250 movement 300 Hz I put a new battery in it and it will not run this watch looks like brand new hardly anywhere on it at all original crystal has the logo in the center this watch is immaculateBut with new battery it will not run. Thank you so much please help God bless Brad

Edited by Bradlandry
Watch describe error

2 answers to this question

Hello Brad and welcome to the forum,  First thing is to try it on a line release unit to see if the hands cycle under power.  Remove battery first.  if thats ok  put a drop of oil on the pivot tops you can see and cycle again and then re try with a battery if still a non starter check the continuity if the coil.  and if you can the output of the block for pulses  using a meter on the micro amps scale.  Attached is the tech sheet for the omega.

486_Omega1250,1255,1260_New0713.pdf

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• As a dentist for 35 years, I fully understand what you are saying. I have spondylosis in my neck, midback and lower back. And the compression of the spinal nerves lead to all sorts of systemic symptoms.  I've spent a lot on various furniture and support aids with little results to show. But my chiropractor said symptoms do improve with age, which I find is true to a certain extent. But the most ironic thing I found out from speaking to a Swedish company specializing in ergonomic office furniture is .... too much ergonomics is a bad thing. Having everything at arms reach at work leads to weakening of your core muscles. So my advice to young people nowadays is WATCH YOUR BACK!
    • Those are cool. I’m sure they’ll sell quickly and you can invest in more supplies... I presume you serialize them? What’s your procedure there?
    • I have A-F install tools similar to the ones you have.  The “trick” such as it is, is to select a tool whose bore is just big enough for the next pinion- I.e. the hour hand install tool should just clear the canon pinion and the minute one should just clear the seconds pinion. And be close to flat.  Mine are slightly domed at the tip, and I “roll” the tool around to be sure the hand fully seats. I have polished the plastic tips of course and one of them I opened the bore on a bit.  I’ve had good luck, even with Rolex white gold hands, which are mirror polished, curved on top, and soft.  I’m sure that tool would be great; but with any tool- make sure the tips are polished, square(ish) and the bore is appropriate. 
    • Landed a trio. Paid $0.99 for the two Hiltons, and the seller threw in the Benrus for free. Shipping was $15, which is my personal absolute limit for shipping, but I figure $0.33/watch makes up for it. Plus, they're all fully jeweled Swiss movements in stainless cases, and one was even ticking on arrival (with a wind). Another started ticking after I opened it up (must have shook something loose). The Benrus is DOA so far. It's open through crystal, and the movement looks decent enough. Didn't investigate at all, and just closed it back up though. Had to cook up some dinner before play time.