Friction fit or rubbed in?

Could you zoom out a bit. Seeing the rest of the plate and knowing the calibre would help. 

From the photo, it looks like a rubbed in jewel. But it could also rubbed into a brass chaton.

I have replaced rubbed in jewels with a friction fitted ones. It works as long as the pivot hole size is the same and endshake is the same.

I can't "zoom out" any further with the thrift store find spencer stereo microscope.  I only have 10x eyepieces and a 3.5x lense.   35x is the best I can do.  The other shots are from the 2x lense on my Galaxy Note 11.  

Turns out, the top balance jewel is cracked as well, and it took me 30 minutes to clean all the caked on dried oil from the jewel sockets.  

Here is a pic of the watch

20201120_233223.jpg

it definitely looks like a burnished in jewel. Also looks like it's burnished in the main plate.

6 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

I have replaced rubbed in jewels with a friction fitted ones. It works as long as the pivot hole size is the same and endshake is the same

ideally you should have special jewel to be burnished in as there may not be enough metal to hold the straight sided jewel which is typically the type that would friction in. If you have access to a watchmaker's lathe you can modify the modern jewel by changing its outer shape so that it becomes a burnished in jewel. otherwise you just use the modern jewel wings set open up the hole and use a friction jewel.