Catalogues

Just in case I am preaching to the converted, I appologise,  There are several company catalogues available from material houses in the UK namley,   Gleave and Co which contain a lot of useful data as well as the usual lists of parts,   Free on application.      Cousins uk also free and available for down load,  Clocks there is Meadows and Passmore, on line or application,  A.G.Thomas Bradford also on line.  This information is probably aimed at New starters rather than the seasoned Hobbyist/repairer.  The Gleave catalogue has quite a bit of technical data which is useful.     Sorry if you already know all this 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are my thoughts on the UK suppliers:

I have used Gleave on odd occasions and they used to only deal with trade but maybe their policy has changed. When I have purchased from them it is on a NO return basis.
A.G. Thomas I had a problem with them cloning my card. They denied  there was a problem but using tracing I proved they had, they did it twice. I have never used them since (5 years ago) maybe they have better security now.
Meadows are very good but pricey.
Cousins are the best on price and service.
eBay can be very good or very bad. Depending on the purchase I always check the sellers ratings
There is accompany who trade on eBay “Red Rooster” who are very good on price selling nothing high end but never the less useful for watch crystals in bulk  etc.

• Like 1