Choosing an oiler shape

MicheleDB

Hello everybody, 

I tried the search but couldn't come up with anything useful.

I've got the Bergeon set of oilers, and I've noticed each one of them have got a different shape of the tip.

I don't recall any mention to that, could you please advise on when to use which shape of oiler?

Thanks!

There are a couple of types but within each type the tips are shaped the same aside from their size. Generally, if your working on wrist watches you'll probably get the most use out of the smaller sizes.

The 2 types are standard and precision(ergonomic). Either works interchangeably but I think most who have tried both prefer the precision/ergonomic type the best because they seem to pick up and deposit consistent amounts of oil the easiest.

1 hour ago, MicheleDB said:

could you please advise on when to use which shape of oiler

I'm reasonably sure the discussion is come up somewhere in the group. Oilers are interesting because the colors can be different depending upon who manufactured them so that's not standard. The tips can be just about anything depending upon who manufactured them. Then obsessive watchmakers who don't like the tip as it came will reshape it in some form that they like. Or in my case I found a particular one that I liked I bought a whole bunch of them so I won't have to deal with that.

then the other thing no matter what practice is required.

https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/16261-what-is-differences-between-bergeon-oilers/