New here

Tuvia

Hi all!

I'm located in NYC and am learning watchmaking. I'm currently an apprentice by an old school watchmaker.

While I'm definitely learning a lot, I believe I am not getting to where I should be. For example; I have no clue what the different watch parts are called even though I work with them on a daily bases.  

If anyone can recommend either a book, online course, or maybe even a low paying watchmaker position at a busy location in NY (I can do complete overhauls on simple movements), I would greatly appreciate it.

Otherwise just wish me luck!     

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

This will help you for the different named parts for a watch. If you are serving an apprenticeship you should ask your master to tell you the parts and what they do. Doesn't he have any books for you to borrow. 

1033305402_TZIllustratedGlossary(1).pdf

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

This will help you for the different named parts for a watch. If you are serving an apprenticeship you should ask your master to tell you the parts and what they do. Doesn't he have any books for you to borrow. 

1033305402_TZIllustratedGlossary(1).pdf 4.2 MB · 2 downloads

Thank you for welcoming me and for sharing the attachment!

He doesn't really have books. He earned watchmaking about 70 years ago, whatever names he does know he has a problem translating to English....