This is a mido 1117 pc1 ( AKA AS1675.)

gary17

hey guys

With a lot of help from you guys i have fixed the mido 1117 pc1 and it runs lovely .Now just 1 or 2 more hurdles to jump.

As you can see in the pic the male outer winding stem fits nicely in to the inner female winding stem. 

Now all i need to know is how do i go about getting it to do the same through the case??? Is it possible?

Even if i buy the 2 stems new i will still have the same problem as far as i can see.

And has anyone refitted the glass and seals to this watch or movement before.

cheers

gary

IMG_20201109_201801.jpg

IMG_20201109_201807.jpg

I set the inner( female) stem with its slot vertical, set the males stem vertical too so as to fit into female slot, as you lower the movement over it.

Another common approach is to go by the feel. set the inner vertical insert the outer into the tube, try to feel where the two mate, push in. ( sorry how else you guys say this)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

I set the inner( female) stem with its slot vertical, set the males stem vertical too so as to fit into female slot, as you lower the movement over it.

this watch requires the procedure quoted above. Otherwise and I will explain below why bad things will occur.

7 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Another common approach is to go by the feel. set the inner vertical insert the outer into the tube, try to feel where the two mate, push in. ( sorry how else you guys say this)

the wording is correct here but only if it's the right type designed for this.

classically most of the time they can be pushed together and pulled apart. But always best to check before ripping the crown out as undesirable things can occur if it's the right type. I recognize the case number it took almost a year to fix this problem at work.  one of the other watchmakers at work pulled the crown out like he perceived he was supposed to do. Then when reassembling and issues and attempted to close the female part of the stem to make things tighter and it broke.

the problem with a watch like this the stem and the crown are considered one components that  cannot be purchased a more. This required waiting until eBay had a case with crown to purchase. This was relatively simple versus getting the female stem. They come in a variety of different lengths because this watch when in different case styles. Then whoever it was doing the ordering wasn't paying attention they rejected our payment and nobody noticed. But eventually variety of stems showed up and the watch finally went away.

The good news is I have pictures

mido 1117 mcp1.JPG

mido 1117 mcp2.JPG

mido 1117 mcp3.JPG

mido 1117 stem bad.JPG