Best Amazon Lamp for Watchmaking

Problem solved. My initial lamp was not rated for dimming and worked for 10 seconds vs 45 Years on the box. Returned it and went to a different store where I picked up an industrial shop lamp and fixed to an overhanging shelve. Then I bought an inline dimmed switch that is where my desk lathe switch is and it all works like a charm. The light can be adjusted to 10% and at 100%, I could get a tan. Here is the box and shots of installed location.

image.jpg

image.jpg

301369F1-E443-4043-8C46-650878450BCD.jpeg

C8ADDED6-6364-4609-B066-52373BEDEC31.jpeg

69641C66-66D2-4313-BCDA-80BBA0ED7240.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

OK I know I'm an old fart, desk top computers where not around in my days. Why do you need not just one monitor but two?

Only 2, amateur.  My home office setup has 4.  For work I use 1 for my code, 1 for what I'm coding, 1 has the log messages and the last is used as overflow if I need to reference code from another project or watch youtube!

• Haha 1

I actually have 3 monitors. The third one is mounted on a laptop holder and is above the right monitor and is for work. I have a KVM switch to flip the big monitor to a work computer extension while my personal computer still shows on the right monitor...all by a remote control. I think I need two more monitors:). I am an Engineer so I need to out-nerd my friends.

56 minutes ago, AshF said:

Only 2, amateur.  My home office setup has 4.  For work I use 1 for my code, 1 for what I'm coding, 1 has the log messages and the last is used as overflow if I need to reference code from another project or watch youtube!

That is a lot of coding. If you code correctly in the first place, only one monitor needed:)

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

So there nothing to do with horology. A funny place to keep such things. I would have thought you are using valuable space and it makes it easier to misplace parts. 

Also why I try to keep things neat, it's much easier to find those springs on a tidy desk.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...