Elgin 328 movement wristwatch, 1970's? parts list or isometric prints

1 minute ago, Nucejoe said:

Sorry I didn't mean scrubbing with dry powder, use a drop of tap water on the powder, just enough to keep it wet at first, gradually add more water brush to a foam, then you can brush as much as you like. You should get a perfect shine on this as it isn't really rust.

1 minute ago, Nucejoe said:

Sorry I didn't mean scrubbing with dry powder, use a drop of tap water on the powder, just enough to keep it wet at first, gradually add more water brush to a foam, then you can brush as much as you like. You should get a perfect shine on this as it isn't really rust.

got it. And I've got just the thing for that. Oxy-Cleen! perfect.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

lock stem is history. deeply pitted. when I get done I'm not going to have much of a donor watch left!

3 minutes ago, MechanicMike said:

winding gear and clutch are bad. rust is deep into the tiny teeth and my sharpened pegwood won't touch it. I hesitate with anything other than wood or a plastic pik. maybe an electrolysis soak overnight? I'm going to put it under the scope-some of the teeth might be corroded down. i think these gotta go.

You have the other winding gear and clutch. best of the two go in building your new movements.

Take it from an old timer on this , you will get a good movement out of the two. I always do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

You have the other winding gear and clutch. best of the two go in building your new movements.

Take it from an old timer on this , you will get a good movement out of the two. I always do.

agreed. that's just me being too much of a perfectionist and impatient, and wanting to have it lubed, assembled, timed and on my wrist yesterday. and I'm an ol timer too lol this hobby gets me like a little kid in a toy store. wife thinks I've done lost my mind.

6 minutes ago, MechanicMike said:

agreed. that's just me being too much of a perfectionist and impatient, and wanting to have it lubed, assembled, timed and on my wrist yesterday. and I'm an ol timer too lol this hobby gets me like a little kid in a toy store. wife thinks I've done lost my mind.

Yes, the kid in us enjoys this play. Ladies see that the kid in us, but want all of us for the family.

• 4 months later...
On 11/8/2020 at 3:34 AM, MechanicMike said:

And I try to repair watches? I can't even download a couple pics...sheesh

Here they are. I'll check back in the morning. Thnx

20201028_213307.jpg

20201028_212155.jpg

Hey MechanicMike! I seem to have stumbled upon this same watch on ebay in very good condition. I bought it as a practice watch to learn repairs/service on as the movement is fairly simple. This one seems to be in very good working order and after regulating it, it is only losing about 5 seconds a day. Its a pretty good little time keeper as far as I'm concerned. After searching the internet for more information about the watch, the only good information I could find was this thread! Just thought you might appreciate seeing another one of these!

1135068893_VintageElgin328Face.thumb.jpg.528061d925a9fc70c47bf6926b67249d.jpg206830121_Vintageelgin328caseback.thumb.jpg.10163bc64fe7fa211b795ec2cf684fd3.jpg1394105056_Vintageelgin328Movement.thumb.jpg.56769cc5ccd13f6995078255f761bed4.jpg

Thanks, 

• Like 1