Movement holder

Graziano

Hi all, I have been using this Meyers movement holder no58 that I perchased here in Australia for a while now and I must say, they don't make things like they use to. It's easy to set up and it holds all movements regardless of sizes, shapes or form. I have a Seiko 6309 plate in there that I just jeweled the barrel arbor port in there and the other movement plate is an omega 485 ladies movement plate. It has 4 different clamps that slide in and a quick release button where my finger is. It does not rock or come loose. The movements have no sharp corners intruding into the plate because the clamps are rounded. I have about 10 different movement holders including bergeon and this beats all hands down. What do you think? 

IMG_20201107_200007.jpg

IMG_20201107_195717.jpg

IMG_20201107_195439.jpg

IMG_20201107_195406.jpg

IMG_20201107_195341.jpg

Edited by Graziano
  • Like 4

I have grown to appreciate dedicated movement holders. 

The ones I can’t buy, I just make. 

But this design looks much better than the burgeon one I have (and no longer use). With four points of contact, it always seemed to be putting pressure where I didn’t want it, or blocking something.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tudor said:

I have grown to appreciate dedicated movement holders. 

The ones I can’t buy, I just make. 

But this design looks much better than the burgeon one I have (and no longer use). With four points of contact, it always seemed to be putting pressure where I didn’t want it, or blocking something.  

Yes that's what I am talking about. As soon as you take the balance out especially ladies movements the corners of the bergeon slip into plate and it shifts around loosely. One other movement holder I use is the old marshal one with rounded plate clamps as in the photo below. 

16048201102615645430692049708400.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 5:16 AM, Graziano said:

Hi all, I have been using this Meyers movement holder no58 that I perchased here in Australia for a while now and I must say, they don't make things like they use to. It's easy to set up and it holds all movements regardless of sizes, shapes or form. I have a Seiko 6309 plate in there that I just jeweled the barrel arbor port in there and the other movement plate is an omega 485 ladies movement plate. It has 4 different clamps that slide in and a quick release button where my finger is. It does not rock or come loose. The movements have no sharp corners intruding into the plate because the clamps are rounded. I have about 10 different movement holders including bergeon and this beats all hands down. What do you think? 

IMG_20201107_200007.jpg

IMG_20201107_195717.jpg

IMG_20201107_195439.jpg

IMG_20201107_195406.jpg

IMG_20201107_195341.jpg

Just picked one of these up on eBay. Hope it is worth 75 bucks

9 hours ago, jdrichard said:

Just picked one of these up on eBay. Hope it is worth 75 bucks

Hi there Mr jdrichard it is a brilliant holder, let me know what you think when you try it out. Did you get the complete set of sides? There should be 4 pairs. Holds all size and shape movements. Yabbadabbadoooo! 

1 hour ago, Graziano said:

Hi there Mr jdrichard it is a brilliant holder, let me know what you think when you try it out. Did you get the complete set of sides? There should be 4 pairs. Holds all size and shape movements. Yabbadabbadoooo! 

I believe it is complete but have not yet received it. I also purchased the Marshall movement holder that is on this post as I am sick of the current crappy movement holders. Poor engineering. So BAM! I will now have the best:)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Update. Picked you another Meyers #58. These are the very best for all watch work and especially for pocket watches. I now have two, yes 2, of these.  Bought this one on eBay and it was dirty as heck. Ultrasonic cleaning then my buffing machine then a lot of elbow grease and tada.

11F9CAE7-1550-4A7F-90C8-B18A29218A5D.jpeg