Problem With Horotech Minibench Armrests

11 hours ago, Michael1962 said:

I would suggest that the inner retaining ring in the socket is split. Put on top of ball and push down.

i can’t imagine it is anymore difficult than that? I assume no assembly instructions?

I have put 224 lbs over the socket to push the ball in without luck. Sludge hammer may be the next move. For a $1000 bucks and import fee, this should not be an issue.

• Haha 1

Solved by the wisdom of my wife. She said to use a hair blower on the socket and then push it it.  It worked amazingly. The manufacturer should recommend this as punching it, jumping in and and taking a sludge hammer to it did not work. Simple wife trick...that’s why we have to listen to our significant other from time to time...and I’m the Engineer:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2020 at 1:15 PM, jdrichard said:

Solved by the wisdom of my wife. She said to use a hair blower on the socket and then push it it.  It worked amazingly. The manufacturer should recommend this as punching it, jumping in and and taking a sludge hammer to it did not work. Simple wife trick...that’s why we have to listen to our significant other from time to time...and I’m the Engineer:)

I have this and it does not stay, just sits on top.

On 11/6/2020 at 1:15 PM, jdrichard said:

Your wife is my hero, I just tried this and pop! I've been using this without the armrests as they have been useseless grumbling about the waste of money- thanks hahahahahha

IMG_20201107_141556.jpg

10 hours ago, jnash said:

Your wife is my hero, I just tried this and pop! I've been using this without the armrests as they have been useseless grumbling about the waste of money- thanks hahahahahha

IMG_20201107_141556.jpg

My wife smiled. You had the same problem I had. All they needed was to add a note in the box and not to recommend to Punch it into place.