modalo

gary17

hey guys

anyone know how you get to the motors on a modalo 4 watch winder.

Just got a broken one.

Want to see if i can get new motors or belts for it

The box seems to be in one piece so i presume the revolving bits the watches go in must come out some way.

if anyone knows please share.

cheers

gary

• 2 months later...

Hi...  did you ever figure this out?   I have a Modalo, lockable 4-watch winder.   It has two big winder circles that hold two watches each.  Pretty standard I think.   

I believe the belts have worn out.   I had this challenge a couple of years ago; I sent it back to Modalo; they fixed it and sent it back to me.   

This time, I've had Modalo send me two new belts, but I can't figure out how to get into it.  When I look on youtube, it looks like you just twist the part of the winder that holds the watches (just the inside piece) for other winders that look like this.  But this one seems different.     Behind the two winders, it looks like there is a screw (1 behind each)...  but I can't seem to get the big winder wheel (circle) off.   

Any thoughts or luck from anyone? 

Here are a couple of pics.   Overall unit. 

598597617_modalo1.jpg.d9a7d37cbc059700c5787f9c7f584785.jpg

As I said, on most of these, the top wheels (watch holders) come off to reveal a couple of screws.  Typically by holding the black outside and twisting the inside.   I've tried that with as much force as I am comfortable applying.   

IMG_8119.jpg.6508b52b1b043e0f90408232ec134af4.jpg

When I try to look behind the big wheels (see the pic:  I'm pointing with a screw driver) I can see there appears to be a screw behind each one that holds the entire panel in place.  IMG_8120.jpg.7caa38b307ce26a5e4cc917f67457ba3.jpg

Regarding access through the bottom. I did have to that on another winder I had (TimeTutelary), and it was fairly easy to feel the small screw hole through the felt if you paid attention.  I have really checked this one out and didn't feel where any holes would be; pretty sure there aren't.   Where were those on yours?   I will check again. 

On 11/4/2020 at 12:59 PM, gary17 said:

hey guys

anyone know how you get to the motors on a modalo 4 watch winder.

Just got a broken one.

Want to see if i can get new motors or belts for it

The box seems to be in one piece so i presume the revolving bits the watches go in must come out some way.

if anyone knows please share.

cheers

gary

Hi Gary - thanks for the reply.   I've just posted a further explanation and a few pics.  Does this look like yours?  Do you have any pics of your winder and how you got in? 

Hey 

UNPLUG IUT FIRST.

here are a few pics the back door opens and you can the remove the slats of wood.I think the slat nearest the rear should be left to last i think it has electric parts on it. The slats have small screws holding the slats in place in the corners.

The door part (battery compartment)  i removed as it lets you peep in and trace the wires

I put this to one side as i am hectic at the moment.

But please keep me informed as i need two motors my self.

Hope pics help and please contact me if i can be any more help.

I can take more pics if needed

I need to know what motors to buy and how i get them or the belts out

good luck

gary

IMG_20210122_165109.jpg

IMG_20210122_165115.jpg

IMG_20210122_165123.jpg

IMG_20210122_165123_1.jpg

IMG_20210122_165127.jpg

• 10 months later...

Hi all

Found this thread while looking to repair my watch winder.

As described, I removed the felt on the base and found the plywood base was glued into the rebate of the boxes sides.

I found my drive belts were broken- probably as a result of ageing.

When I reassembled the box both rotors did not turn. I am suspicious the control board is faulty. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find a replacement or give me Modalo's contact details please ?

Thanks