Omega Seamaster Quartz 1337

SPIGGOTT

Hi,

Just bought this today and the watch is working correctly (time, date).  I can set the hour and date using the crown.

Issue is with the small flush button above the crown used for setting the seconds and minute.  The button seems to depress but nothing happens.

As i say the watch is actually working and the time is correct.  But having to remove the battery to set the seconds and minutes is not ideal.

thanks

s-l1600bg.thumb.jpg.400c7f64b7890f11d9a67a316de17205.jpgs-l1600.thumb.jpg.d716de848fd495ac5db2e9502e17b86f.jpg

Try fast tapping it. If that advances the seconds hand a bit you know the switch is working but the circuitry that advances the minute hand is buggered.
Otherwise open the back and short circuit the switch with some tweezers for 4 seconds and then let go and press again.

If that fails then you need a circuit board (9600-1337) omega part number.
They are rare as hens teeth.
I bought the last lot on ebay.

Just a thought- is the button OK? It appears set deeply to me. I thought these were just below flush. Perhaps it is making contact all the time?

Im also guessing there is an oring in there. Was that replaced?

Maybe take the movement out of the case and see if it performs properly. 

Ok.  The plot thickens....

Went to change the crystal out today and while doing so i decided to take a look at the push button and contacts.

It appears that the previous owner got a bit heavy handed with the button and has bent the lever behind that touches the contact.   attached photos.   

IMG_003.thumb.JPG.f2fd3da776141fdfd9f0dd2abe00432d.JPG

So bypassed this and touched the contact directly.  No issues with the circuit board as all works as it should.  

IMG_008.thumb.JPG.2c619835caf73d0c696480e732abcf34.JPG

Question i have is regarding the push button.  as you can see from the pictures when i removed it from the case it was covered in a black sticky tar like substance.  not sure if this was the gasket that had just broken down or someone used some sort of glue.

What should be here, also once pressed what causes the button to come back out.  see no spring???

IMG_010.JPG.c5a4dbb01e3e39cb4be5d20f67ce2160.JPG

That WAS an o-ring and it may rely on the lever on the movement to push it back out. 

The stuck o-ring probably caused the excess force used. The lever will have to be straightened or replaced as well. 

See if you can find the tech sheet on the case by case reference number, which will have the exploded view of the case assembly. (Plus part numbers)

Hi, didnt require any parts.   The lever was not bent it had hopped over the front rim (a raised edge to keep it inside movement perimeter).  Once i removed it and reseated it was fine.  small tweek with pliers and all good.

Bought a full box of assorted o-rings a few days ago, so when they come in i will fit to pusher and replace.

the one job i started out doing (replacing glass) didn't happen as i ordered the wrong size.....  

thanks for advice.