Need Help on Repairng & Service of my Seiko 7S26 Movement at Home.

sushant

On 10/31/2020 at 12:25 PM, Nucejoe said:

I have seen sample of works by Indian repair shops that are considered very advanced tasks elsewhere. I think there are always those who can rebuilt your balance into a complete  balance and attached to the cock for peanuts. 

I tried finding a good repair shop but automatic watches are the things they don't repair. I found a Seiko Service center but its they dont want to service my watch because technically its not a seiko watch.

It is a Titan watch ( if you have heard of TATA now also owns JLR group) and TITAN doesn't have any skills to repair this movement because they don't make any mechanical watches

33.png

44.png

4 hours ago, sushant said:

I finally opened the main spring barrel  it was dam dirty.

it was not dirty, simply the original lubricant is graphite loaded. Seiko barrels are sealed, not meant to be opened and especially in your case you will not gain anything from having done that, but will distort and contaminatte the mainspring by putting it back by hand.

All that and much more has been dabated already so many times, as you would have found if you were to use the search function.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jdm said:

it was not dirty, simply the original lubricant is graphite loaded. Seiko barrels are sealed, not meant to be opened and especially in your case you will not gain anything from having done that, but will distort and contaminatte the mainspring by putting it back by hand.

All that and much more has been dabated already so many times, as you would have found if you were to use the search function.

I was not earlier planning to open the barrel but out of curiosity i did and i need just help from all of you guys to make my watch ticking again.

Not able to understand the Oils and there Names. I need simple alternatives for these three oils and also need to     lubricate the barrel and main spring because i  also opened the Main Spring  barrel. Will be ordering from Cousins.UK.

oil.thumb.png.951c058d574cb59011f6abfd136ed63c.png

524352090_OILS22.png.e8f85aeb9f2cf3e0d13f8fde5f4308c5.png

I found this which i guess explains all the options but i am still stuck with Barrel. Which Grease i need for putting back my barrel and Main spring please help.  Are these oil good which are mentioned above because these are too expensive and i am a student.

Please help me to bring the cost down. If some how i can just mange with just 2 Types of oils it would be a bliss. New 4r36 Costs around £80 and with oils and complete balance its costing me £84. But i am also scared that 4r36 has a different crown position the crown is @4 and my 7s26 has a @3 crown position. Does that matters or not and then i also need to change the crown stem that's also a tricky part. I am getting confused my hopes are dying.

54 minutes ago, sushant said:

Please help me to bring the cost down.

To get your mov.t working again you don't need any oil, you need a good balance, plus tools and the skill to put it back together. And you need a timegrapher to judge if it is just running or running OK.

You can worry about oils later, if and when your present piece is running OK, and/or you want to continue working on mechanical watches. In the meanwhile have a good read at our pinned topic below that has answers to all your question, and then some.

But i am also scared that 4r36 has a different crown position the crown is @4 and my 7s26 has a @3 crown position

Movements do not "have a crown position", only the date ring and day disc may change. NH36 comes with calendar for  crown at 3 and will get into your watch again just fine. As mentioned it cost about GBP 24, not 80.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jdm said:

To get your mov.t working again you don't need any oil, you need a good balance, plus tools and the skill to put it back together. And you need a timegrapher to judge if it is just running or running OK.

You can worry about oils later, if and when your present piece is running OK, and/or you want to continue working on mechanical watches. In the meanwhile have a good read at our pinned topic below that has answers to all your question, and then some.

Movements do not "have a crown position", only the date ring and day disc may change. NH36 comes with calendar for  crown at 3 and will get into your watch again just fine. As mentioned it cost about GBP 24, not 80.

I have read NH36 and 4r36 are same then why there is such a cost difference? on cousins UK

Is there any regulation difference? i have already set my desk and made some more tools and equipment's also ordered some good tweezers and will be 3D printing the Main spring WINDER and also i have gained a lot more confidence. With your help and knowledge i can positively reassemble the mov.t.

ill be using a time grapher app  on my phone to check the +/_   ,  amplitude and beat error.

Few More question from my side sorry bothering you

1. Can i run my mov.t without oils and if yes how long?

2. How much does a seiko Mov.t lasts (durability)  if you keep servicing.

3. Please help me with barrel grease i need to rewind it which oil or grease i should use .

43 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

You should not run the move't without oil at all.

It's OK and common practice to reassemble movements with no lubrication to verify that all parts fit and work well together. For example, a beginner practicing. Lubricants are only needed to prevent wear over time.

43 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Refer to your datasheet for lubing instructions.

Have you ever looked into a Seiko service sheet, they refer to they own lubricants.  Beginners that dont take the time to search will then ask what's their Moebius equivalents. Answer given the topic I have linked above.

8 hours ago, sushant said:

Can i run my mov.t without oils and if yes how long?

According to Jdm you can, as for how long !!   aprox for 1 second.

7 hours ago, jdm said:

Have you ever looked into a Seiko service sheet, they refer to they own lubricants.  Beginners that dont take the time to search will then ask what's their Moebius equivalents. Answer given the topic I have linked above.

No I havn't .

I'm having a mild confusion over which watch are you servicing? That's because in your picture you appear to have a NH26a? then I found a link below that talks a little about this movement.

what I don't know is whether the OEM components exactly replace the 7s26a components? Then the second link gives you the cross reference for the 7s26a components. So you can see what other watches are using your balance complete for instance.

then as you really want to fix this watch it might be easier and cheaper to purchase additional watches which can be broken or not functional to get parts for your watch as opposed trying to find new parts. Especially because more than likely you're going to need additional parts before you get through reassembling your watch.

https://calibercorner.com/seiko-caliber-nh25a/

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=SEK_7S26A

3 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

I'm having a mild confusion over which watch are you servicing? That's because in your picture you appear to have a NH26a?

NH25 = 7S25, NH26 = 7S26. SII is the Seiko branding for their movements sold to OEM. These NH2X now are not sold anymore, only the NH3x which add manual winding and hacking while mainataining total dimenzion compatibily and most parts incerchange.

3 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

what I don't know is whether the OEM components exactly replace the 7s26a components?

Yes, they do. Below again the table which I maintain, tracking part compatibility across all version and all brandings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRN2UULQKTfKmhRStZhDdIOIQrqd6sPB-g6x2SKyQQjOvTBjG_7TQXQhAT4f1WqAX5QAPkIimi-3jqd/pubhtml

On 11/4/2020 at 5:52 PM, jdm said:

NH25 = 7S25, NH26 = 7S26. SII is the Seiko branding for their movements sold to OEM. These NH2X now are not sold anymore, only the NH3x which add manual winding and hacking while mainataining total dimenzion compatibily and most parts incerchange.

Yes, they do. Below again the table which I maintain, tracking part compatibility across all version and all brandings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRN2UULQKTfKmhRStZhDdIOIQrqd6sPB-g6x2SKyQQjOvTBjG_7TQXQhAT4f1WqAX5QAPkIimi-3jqd/pubhtml

It is a NH26A. Will the complete balance of Seiko 7s26 fit on my NH26A because i have learned on internet  that NH26A is exact 7s26.

Hello all, i came to halt when i saw this cocktail dial it is just too stunning. I was wondering that if i could use this dial for the current mod which i am doing.

My Research

4R34 = NH35

4R36= NH36

6R15 = NE15

So can i use NE15 instead of NH36 which will be a big leap in accuracy. And the size of my current dial is 35 MM

and the size of Cocktail dial is 34.2 MM almost same so i need your help to confirm that can i do this mod or not.

Thanks for Helping.

bnib_seiko_presage_cocktail_automatic_made_in_japan_ice_blue_sky_diving_srpb43_srpb43j1_srpb43j_mens_1553521614_94074e9b0_progressive.thumb.jpg.ec5c5bf442b0eefd883245e8ffbebc1d.jpg

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Michael1962 said:

Best of luck with it all.

OP last visited Nov. 15. As it odten happens with new members it may have been just a short burst of curiosity driving him here. Of course anyone is free to pursue interests the way he better likes, and he will be welcome back anytime. 

I hadn't taken much notice of the date. Was just going through the Introductions area and saying hi to everyone. Only doing the ones since I joined though.

We have the same thing on the Lotus forum that I am a moderator on.

People join up and then........crickets. ??