Idiot on ebay.

oldhippy

I'm having fun with this seller, he describes this clock as in working order. I have pointed out to him that the complete suspension block is missing and it is impossible for the clock to work.  He has got back saying he has a video of the clock working, so I asked him to provide a link for me to see and if not I would report him. He has got back and told me not to be so stupid and to have a nice day. I have reported it to ebay and told him so. This is the link to the clock. Pester the seller as much as you like. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133556249496?ul_noapp=true

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I would say if he does possess the pieces that appear to be missing (as some lazy sellers often do) the least he could do is write that in.  But since no mention is made, a wary buyer's safest course is to assume they are gone.

Lying, whether outright or by omission, won't get a sale from me.  He should label and price the non-working clock accordingly, or show that this exact same clock has all its its parts and does work.

But I wouldn't hold my breath in a case like this. 

58 minutes ago, KarlvonKoln said:

I would say if he does possess the pieces that appear to be missing (as some lazy sellers often do) the least he could do is write that in.  But since no mention is made, a wary buyer's safest course is to assume they are gone.

Lying, whether outright or by omission, won't get a sale from me.  He should label and price the non-working clock accordingly, or show that this exact same clock has all its its parts and does work.

But I wouldn't hold my breath in a case like this. 

They probably have not got the slightest idea, thats fairly obvious from his description the clock is French but he states that its English. This type of sellers goes to auctions and buys many lots they dont have the slightest idea about they then list their auction haul on  Ebay without having anything but a vague idea about what they are selling and what its worth, sometimes this works in the favour of a buyer I have bought many items that have been undervalued by sellers.

Sellers are generally Lazy I have lost count of the number of times I've attended auctions and then seen Items appear the same day or a short time later a great deal of clocks end up the same way bought and sold within  weeks of purchase at auction, unserviced and unchecked these people are not dealers they are just middlemen.

• 6 months later...

There are a lot of people like that and it's funny but sad at the same time. I also had such cases from Ebay but I solved them without nerves. By the way, I want to share with you something I learned about recently. I found this site DontPayFull where there are different coupons on Ebay, Amazon and many other platforms. Since I found them I started using them and now shopping is much easier because I can save a lot of money, which is obviously convenient and pleasant. I'm sure you want to use these coupons too.

Edited by NervHQ