How to measure the Hand Winding if I didn't have one?

Piotr

Hi there,

I'm new in watch making/cleaning and I have that problem: How to measure the Hand Winding if I didn't have one? It's old GP watch with watch mechanism measure 25,68mm. NO 410770.

Any one have knowledge how to do that or where to find that on internet?

Cheers

Hello and welcome to the forum Piotr.  exactly do you mean by the "hand winding"  the winding stem and crown.  we need a picture of the watch movement and or its make and caliber number(found under the balance wheel or close by or on the front plate under the dial but a photo woud at least give us a clue.       Thanks

Hi  From what I can make out from the picture its missing its Male half of the winding stem with crown, Is that the problem ? If so the reference made by Klassiker points you to Ranfft's web site which will give you the stem number. From where you get the part will depend on your location.  Ranfft's site will give specifications on a lot of watches so may be useful in the future for you.

Hands are measured in length  from the center  of the hole to the tip in mm. The diameter  of the hole can be determined  easily. Look  on the movement  for maker  and model number.then look up on ranfft website.you will find measurements  there.