Seiko 7T62-0KB0 bezel mounted glass refit help required.

I recently purchased a seiko 7T62 and the bezel is off the watch I sourced. Correct bezel gasket 86583460 but I have crushed it while trying to fit, does anyone know about fitting these bezels i have got replacement gasket but worried about ruining another one.

1 Do you fit gasket to  the tachymeter bezel then try press fit ?
or
2 Do gasket put gasket in the case then press fit the bezel into it ?

Any help or advice appreciated. Anyone ?

14917695-0352265dc1e562c1cea860ebfe5d05a2.jpg

Edited by Nomad1001
uloaded a picture

As jdm remarked fit the gasket into the case (chamfer side up) make sure it is seated, What I do is moisten the edge of the glass and fit it square on the gasket in the case and apply the press slowly checking the fit and there is no possibility of crimping.       all the best.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, watchweasol said:

As jdm remarked fit the gasket into the case (chamfer side up) make sure it is seated, What I do is moisten the edge of the glass and fit it square on the gasket in the case and apply the press slowly checking the fit and there is no possibility of crimping.       all the best.

Hi Watchweasol thanks for the assistance the glass is bezel mounted so already installed as  in the picture above the problem is that the tachymeter ring then sits in a gasket in the case so metal to metal with gasket in between but from both your remarks ill fit gasket into case then fit metal bezel \ tachmeter ring.

thank you for replying and your assistance 

• 2 weeks later...