Hello to all, hope to learn a lot from you guys!

DoxaHunter

Greetings to all, I’m new to this forum, and have been active in other online watch-related forums and websites in the past, and have been buying, selling, repairing, refurbishing, modifying, collecting and just plain INTO watches for years.  My taste in watches is mercurial, but presently I really like vintage divers, like Doxa, Rolex, Tudor, and a few others.  This is just a hobby for me, not a profession, but I have dived in as deep as finances allow, buying tools and components as I came across them. I learned early to not waste $ or time on the cheap stuff, so I try to stay in my lane with the stuff that has always appealed to me  I’m a tinkerer at heart, aren’t we all?

Im excited to discover this website and forum and look forward to peering into every nook and cranny as I go.  Thanks to the mods and everyone thats set this site up and is maintaining it. The site looks great, and you can’t beat the price!

On my bench currently, are 3 Doxa Sub variants from the 1960s-70s. All are broken down and getting my best attempt to rebuild them from stem to stern, and I’m always learning as I go, so if anyone out there has an interest and experience (or even some parts?$), please feel free to reach out to me and lets talk.  I gonna need the help, for sure.  

Thx & Cheers to all. 

-Steve

F2D8B1FE-08BB-4767-9884-7C5DFF5AC063.jpeg

AAEE61D1-0070-4B85-9AB0-8812CA638B1D.jpeg

Thanks for the warm reception and I really like this site. I haven’t even put a dent in the mountain of experience and knowledge and wisdom that’s here. 

The current watch projects I’m working on are: #1 Doxa Sub 300 (no T) from 1967-‘69. I have the complete watch/bracelet minus the dial, (but I’ve got one on the way!) It’s movement is the ETA 2783 and I’m looking forward to finally completing the assembly/build when i get the dial. Doxa Parts (esp vintage) are notoriously difficult to Source, and accumulating the parts/components has taken me over 2 years. (And counting)

#2 is another Doxa Sub but from their later “Synchron” era. It has a replacement Miyota movement that has the crown at 4 o’clock location and the date at 3 o’clock. Never worked on one like that before but it’s shouldn’t be too tough (fingers crossed). 
#3 is more of a Doxa homage that I’m putting together for my brother as a gift. The case is similar shaped to Doxa but it was originally a Bulova that I am attempting to modify so it can accept the Doxa-style bezel.  It’s a work-in-progress, and just starting up (you can write that on my tombstone), but I’ll post some pics and show y’all what I am working with, and any help or advice is always welcome.

Glad to be here!

Sounds good!

I’d like to add a vintage Doxa to my collection at some point, but I’d have to move something out, and it’s not an easy choice...

I’m much better with “case mechanics” than I am with movement intricacies. But I have serviced the 2784 for my blue dial Tudor 9411. It’s a solid movement for sure. 

Post those pictures!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Your description puzzled me a little: The left one is a syncron doxa (as written on its inner back case side) the second is the 4 o'clock  one, the third is the bulova and the one in the right I can't recognise. I can't see the no T Doxa.
Another thing:  in the no T model (the first sub) used the doxa 116 movement ( eta 2452) and later the doxa 118 (eta 2472). The 2783 was used later by synchron on their subs. I'm not sure the original no T dial will fit on it.

Nice BORs!

Good luck on your projects, waiting to see more images and the final results.

• 4 months later...