Rolex 1161 auto wind binding

GeorgeC

I have overhauled this watch and upon reassembly, I can't get the oscillating weight to turn freely.  It wasn't turning when I tore it down for cleaning.

Has anyone had any experience fitting the two part gear and post to the OSC weight?  I am having trouble with keeping the keyed gear in to the male post part of the oscillating weight hub, then turning over to attach the spring clip.   Need two more hands I think. 

image.thumb.png.45053a33aa020b8872700584c8025c7d.png

image.thumb.png.216c256a3eb6a952f178bc57b97a84b9.png 

63223924_ScreenShot2020-10-10at1_03_40PM.thumb.png.889e10346a653d6e87808faf3bb1ba9a.png

Edited by GeorgeC
further details

I usually work on the larger movements but I would say you should remove the winding bridge (assuming it come off like the 15xx) and get that working properly. 

If I had a manual for this I’d share it, but I don’t think I do, and would not have access until Monday either way. I can double check Monday for you. 

One area to consider is the reversing wheels. If they are the same (or similar) as the larger movements, they can get gummed up if someone lubricated them. They should be clean and dry, or film lubed (lube and solvent brew) maybe. 

7 hours ago, Tudor said:

I usually work on the larger movements but I would say you should remove the winding bridge (assuming it come off like the 15xx) and get that working properly. 

If I had a manual for this I’d share it, but I don’t think I do, and would not have access until Monday either way. I can double check Monday for you. 

One area to consider is the reversing wheels. If they are the same (or similar) as the larger movements, they can get gummed up if someone lubricated them. They should be clean and dry, or film lubed (lube and solvent brew) maybe. 

Thanks, have already overhauled, disassembled the autowind mechanism and properly lubricated.  Mechanism does wind with the oscillating weight attached, it is just when attempting to align everything and attach the spring clip that the bind occurs.  I really feel like it is the winding wheel and oscillating weight hub keyway meshing that I am not getting in place.