Accurist

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi  Have you had a look under or near the balance wheel with a loupe (glass) as that's the usual place for the makers mark and calibre number or under the dial on the top plate'

Offered to me by an elderly lady. Lives a long way away and sent me the pic. (Thats why its out of focus) Can I do anything with it? So it would be nice to know the calibre first before commiting myself re availability of spares etc. Thought it might be recognisable by the photo as obviously I cant ask her to look under the balance wheel.

Hard to pop the balance cock if it is in a distance then.
I would say this wears a strong resemblance with a Peseux 7060.

Edited by HSL

Hi  I see you dilema based on HSL' projection I looked up the peseux on Ranfft and it indeed looks very much like it . I have attached the photo below for your comparisson.

Peseux_7060.jpg

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Bought this watch in question supposedly repaired within a month of sending back. would rather just try & fix stateside versus sending back waiting for 6 months. maybe im not winding it enough because it stops keeping time and now ultimately it wont keep time altogether. read about asian 7550 is a dry movement. dont care for actual rolex movement as long as it just keeps time reliably. maybe i expected too much from a 375.00 knockoff? i just had hoped for keeping time?   www.intime05.co//rollie/4219-daytona-yg-dlc-bp-kravitz-best-edition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a4130free-leather-strap.html
    • @Klassiker the AM220 is a good start, there's hints of this escape wheel cock and bridge shapes in the other larger AM movements on Ranfft as well
    • Not sure this will sent you in the right direction, but there is a chance 🙂 http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&AS_278 Something somewhat similar..
    • You did not tell what was that "extra" screw for. I would do the following: - release the mainspring - remove balance bridge - remove pallet fork - rotate train wheels manually to confirm they move freely. If they don't - find out why. Once that is resolved or confirmed, next stem - replace the pallet fork, wind the main spring just few rotations, push the pallet fork gently to see if mainspring energy is being transferred and wheels are moving - just take a closer look at both pivots of the balance staff. Again, gently and without pulling too hard - check both pivot, top and bottom. You may have bent one while removing the balance bridge several times (i hope you did not). - with the mainspring wound, replace the balance bridge. Often balance would self-adjust (impulse jewel / fork) and start moving. Gently replace the balance bridge screw. Good luck!  
    • Valjoux 23/72 ... hadn’t been worked on in a long time.  Tore it down, cleaned it, reassembled - everything worked ... until I realized I left out a screw. Tore it back down, installed everything fully this time.  Balance wouldn’t rotate.  Gears seemed like they were seized. Tore it back down, spent a LOT of time on each assembly step, ensuring everything spun freely.  Installed the palate fork - flicked back and forth as appropriate.  Installed balance as the last step.  No rotation.  Spins freely when “encouraged”, but it doesn’t continue. I pulled it out.  Confirmed that the hairspring isn’t kinked.  Jewels look fine (no cracks or chips).  I don’t have the means to check if the balance staff is bent, but the balance seems level and when I encourage some rotation, I don’t see any wobble. Any thoughts on what to check next? Thanks!