Problems with Tapatalk

Hi,

Since a few days I’m no longer able to log into the forum via the Ipad app. When trying, I either get a ”denied” or ”failed plus a long list of code gibberish” message.

I have tried to update the app and also changed pw via the regular web browser.

Is anyone else having app login issues?

Are you talking about Tapatalk??

I have disabled this plugin temporarily for several reasons. You can load up WRT in Safari and it actually works much better (my personal preference). Or in iPad version of google chrome you get the mobile version as made by the forum software developer and that also works brilliantly.

- it was causing some issues with the website, and in particular the security measures we have in place to help prevent DDos attacks. I did this yesterday to see if the errors will go away (they did) and am testing it further to confirm.

- The other issue I have with Tapatalk is their placement of advertising on my forum of which we do not seem to have any control. When I logged on to test this I saw some pretty awful advertisements which seemed to be promoting these stupid mobile games - with zero benefit to the community.

- We originally used Tapatalk back in the day because the Mobile version of the site was terrible - this has improved immensely, and has made me wonder about the relevance of Tapatalk.

If we get an update to Tapatalk that doesn't cause errors I will consider again to install it.

I have been using Tapatalk to read this forum up until the last couple of weeks. It seems Tapatalk will no longer connect to this forum. I’m wondering if anyone has suggestions on what other readers to use on smart phones and tablet computers? Web browsers and my old eyes do not work well together when it comes to accessing this forum.

37 minutes ago, les13 said:

I have been using Tapatalk to read this forum up until the last couple of weeks. It seems Tapatalk will no longer connect to this forum. I’m wondering if anyone has suggestions on what other readers to use on smart phones and tablet computers? Web browsers and my old eyes do not work well together when it comes to accessing this forum.

The forum works perfectly with Chrome on mobile devices, no matter now small the screen is. Resize screen as you lik it better by placing two finges of the display and slowling opening them up - pinch zoom.

12 hours ago, les13 said:

I pinned this to the top of this section ?

• Mark changed the title to Problems with Tapatalk
  • Mark pinned this topic
19 hours ago, jdm said:

The forum works perfectly with Chrome on mobile devices, no matter now small the screen is. Resize screen as you lik it better by placing two finges of the display and slowling opening them up - pinch zoom.

Chrome does not work as well as Tapatalk, for me. I was hoping someone knew of a forum reader app similar to Tapatalk that works with this forum. After searching for such as app, I have not found any. 

Just in case Mark or a forum admin sees this post, I am NOT advocating re-enabling the Tapatalk plugin on the forum.  I think Tapatalk has stepped over the line with their recent policy changes. I do not like using Chrome to read forums on mobile devices, but I rather use Chrome than Tapatalk at this point.

3 minutes ago, les13 said:

Chrome does not work as well as Tapatalk, for me.

What does not work? What device are you using?

This forum software (Invision) is the absolute leader, and is designed to work equally well on both desktop and mobile. My experience since 6 years fully confirms that.

1 hour ago, les13 said:

Chrome does not work as well as Tapatalk,

I hate to disagree, but after using TT for several years, not just this forum, I can say that the mobile version of this site - wether loaded in chrome or safari on iPad, iPhone and my wife’s galaxy S8 runs much much better than TT. There are some features that just do not work in TT aside from my gripes with images not being hosted but rather being uploaded to TT servers (not sure if that’s changed) and the horrible advertising I cannot manage the forum through TT - I can manage the whole forum via the mobile version loaded into chrome or safari. I am writing this in chrome on my iPhone, it’s easy to quote, select quote, and edit. There is nothing I can’t do and many more things I can perform that I cannot do in TT. 
Tapatalk has outlived its usefulness. If we lose some members then I’m sorry - but it’s not coming back - too many bugs and errors to deal with. 

invision has a competing app but I have decided on the KISS rule and I think that’s how we shall keep it from now on. 
I hope that’s ok. 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 9:28 AM, Mark said:

There are some features that just do not work in TT aside from my gripes with images not being hosted but rather being uploaded to TT servers (not sure if that’s changed) and the horrible advertising I cannot manage the forum through TT - I can manage the whole forum via the mobile version loaded into chrome or safari. 

I us TT to read 8 forums on 5 subjects. TT allows me to navigate the forums in a uniform way, no matter which forum I am on or what software is being used to run the forum.

As you pointed out, there are a number of things TT does not allow one to do, or does not do well. I only read and post on forums, thus, I only need basic forum functionality.  Even so, TT can be a pain.

I guess the conclusion to this thread is that I need to learn how to use a web browser to read my forums.  
Thanks everyone for your responses.

• Thanks 1