I’m new and love watches + Help please ?

SiSays

Hello my wonderful watch people. 
Like many of you I am a real watch lover, this began about 3 years ago and I have purchased many, many watches in this time...

However, I have encountered a problem ☹️
I have attempted to change a capacitor in my Seiko Kinetic watch, managed to get everything out thanks to the ‘watch repair channel’ but having got the new capacitor installed I have lost the tiny screws required to put the plate above the capacitor back and then the rotor. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am lost for ideas and have been to multiple jewellers etc with no luck..

Thank you 

Get a small neodinium magnet and wrap it in white painters tape. The tape only serves to make dark objects stand out against the light background, so it is optional.

Remove any other watches from the area you were working in so you don't affect them with the magnet,  and carefully and methodically  sweep the bench, carpet, your trousers, socks, jumper floor, and everything within a few feet of your work area. Hopefully the tiny screw will stick to the magnet and you will see it sitting smugly on the white tape.

I have lost count of the number of times I've had to endure this little ritual, looking for tiny springs, screws, watch hands, winders and all the other little parts that like to mysteriously vanish from the end of my tweezers. I recently found a spring from a Sekonda that I lost a few weeks back, while looking for a screw that I had just dropped. I also found the screw ?

Brass and stainless steel parts are more tricky as they wont stick to the magnet. For those, I attack the carpet with a piece of duck tape, in the hope that I'll pick up more parts than carpet fluff.

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for your responses everyone ? I need 2 small screws to hold the capacitor bracket on and a slightly bigger one for the rotor. 
I’m at work at the minute but can uploads pictures this afternoon if that would help.

I am in the UK, namely London and May need to get someone to fit it for me if I can’t. Am happy to pay..

4 hours ago, philipk5 said:

Same two capacitor small screws as in pc21 etc movement. Are you in the UK ?

7 hours ago, Watchtime said:

If you can send me the caliber I am happy to check if I have it in my parts drawer

4 hours ago, AndyHull said:

Get a small neodinium magnet and wrap it in white painters tape. The tape only serves to make dark objects stand out against the light background, so it is optional.

Remove any other watches from the area you were working in so you don't affect them with the magnet,  and carefully and methodically  sweep the bench, carpet, your trousers, socks, jumper floor, and everything within a few feet of your work area. Hopefully the tiny screw will stick to the magnet and you will see it sitting smugly on the white tape.

I have lost count of the number of times I've had to endure this little ritual, looking for tiny springs, screws, watch hands, winders and all the other little parts that like to mysteriously vanish from the end of my tweezers. I recently found a spring from a Sekonda that I lost a few weeks back, while looking for a screw that I had just dropped. I also found the screw ?

Brass and stainless steel parts are more tricky as they wont stick to the magnet. For those, I attack the carpet with a piece of duck tape, in the hope that I'll pick up more parts than carpet fluff.

Please find a picture attached... as I say, any help would be greatly appreciated...

4C725BCE-40F4-43D6-A18C-C2D452D1ECD7.jpeg

Do you have any broken/non working scrap ordinary quartz Hattori movements such as the PC21 ? If so use the the small screws that hold the coil etc in place. As far as the rotor holding screw as suggested invest in a magnet and scour thoroughly the general area it went missing. Missing small parts do seem to reappear given time to drop out of orbit!

Good luck.

The screw screws into the centre of the bearing so the only danger of overtightening is to break the screw!

It should be tight enough to stay put but not so tight that it breaks (obvious but completely useless advice!!!)

Glad to have helped.

• Like 1