Rolex 15505 With A Broken Crown.

Hi folks,

This Rolex 15505 Oyster Date came in for a service today. The owner wanted me to fix the crown and take a full service on the movement. I took some picture of the broken crown and the case pedant tubes.

IMG_2505_zpsodtbrt2c.jpg

IMG_2485%20copy_zpsgbsn3tbp.jpg

The stem is locked in the movement and in the crowns twinlock. The broken twinlock is locked in the case pedant tube. The pedant tube is locked in the Oyster case.

When i first saw the case with this problem I wondered what to do? But it all went well! :)

IMG_2486_zpsa3qdpzg0.jpg

I attached the case in my workbench vise and I carefully screwed everything clockwise. I was not afraid to brake the pedant tube because I have to replace it.

IMG_2492_zpshoyqhqcb.jpg

After a couple of rounds I felt the stem went in to date position, and a few more rounds the stem went in to last position.

IMG_2497_zpsdbwkey1e.jpg

Then the pedant tube was screwed out from the case and I just needed to lose the stem out of the movement. Fun job! :)

IMG_2547%20copy_zpskewkbpkj.jpg

Luckily I had some spare parts lying around :)

Have a great weekend!

Morten

That's a tricky job well done. I didn't know that the pendant tube was left hand thread, that's one for the memory bank. Thanks for posting Morten! :)

Edited by Geo

Excellent post me too did not know about the left hand thread. Did the seal come with the new tube or do you have a ref: for the seals for Rolex's as I would like to change the seals on my submariner but could not find the size.

Edited by clockboy

Excellent post me too did not know about the left hand thread. Did the seal come with the new tube or do you have a ref: for the seals for Rolex's as I would like to change the seals on my submariner but could not find the size.

Yes, the seal came with the new tube. I do not have to search very far for parts. Luckily, I have a large folder, which gives me all the details.

If you need any part number send me a PM and I'll send what I have on your submariner.

IMG_2548_zpsdksm2ajy.jpg

IMG_2549_zps16wixjyd.jpg

IMG_2552_zps3o0fahra.jpg

IMG_2551_zps6wzeewiw.jpg

IMG_2550_zps4qvcaqvg.jpg

IMG_2554_zpskl2svq4u.jpg

IMG_2553_zpshz6x1pcj.jpg

IMG_2555_zpsiekbcwuo.jpg

Morten

• Like 1