Hinging Inca spring

jdm

This has been discussed already but I will restrict it to a simple question. Any real chances of bringing it in place with upsetting the block?
I was thinking of keeping the spring vertical with rodico and place it diagonally in the opening.

PA050919.JPG.de678835990eeef11b1db065d15c66a6.JPG

Not fun and not easy considering  the need to do this within a clear bag.

Hi! 

This happens sometimes. You need to reinsert diagonally one leg at a time very carefully. Under magnification works best. I would personally do this with fine tweezers, not actually holding the spring, but working the ends in carefully as it rests on the Incabloc. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrG said:

Hi! 

This happens sometimes. You need to reinsert diagonally one leg at a time very carefully. Under magnification works best. I would personally do this with fine tweezers, not actually holding the spring, but working the ends in carefully as it rests on the Incabloc. 

Forgot to mention that there is a very high probability that the clip will fling out a couple of times. 

Funny I just did one of these they can be a pain. Was I did was to hold the the spring vertical with my  tweezers  with the tabs in line with the grove then I turn my movement holder a 1/4 turn and it felt right in. You have to remember they enough room to do this since the spring with hing up for service. I did do this work under my microscope. 

• Thanks 1

OK, it went in. First i cut an hole in adhesive tape which I placed to cover That is essential unless you like the spring to enter the movement at some point. The spring wouldn't go all the way down vertically, the chamfers made it jump all over the place. Looking carefully I saw some space on both sides of the cut, just above the regulator ring, so I placed the spring horizonally with the smallest moves pushed it toward the center. Next drama was removing the tape without touching the spring. Oh well.

PA061558.thumb.JPG.91ae4e8072dd407a41179aa9696997fe.JPG

is this a Chinese clone or original? the reason for the question is the Chinese skip one of the manufacturing steps. If it's an original spring it is not supposed to come out typically without disassembling the setting. on rare occasions you will have an original one does come out and then it will go back in usually with difficulty.

34 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

is this a Chinese clone or original? 

Genuine ETA in an Oris. Google for Incabloc images to see what great variety of shapes the block can have. From that I suppose that some are more prone to the problem. And the microscopical hinges may not be 100% perfect. 

Give me Seiko Diashock everyday, really.