Warning! These Graphic Pictures Are Certificate 18. Look At Your Own Risk!

If anybody want's proof that WD40 and an Omega Seamaster Co-Axial does not mix well then take a look below.

Be aware - these pictures are quite graphic...

post-1-0-67129900-1425461467_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-04560100-1425461487_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-58543700-1425461487_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-04380400-1425461488_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-58283900-1425461488_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-10602300-1425461489_thumb.jpg

And yes, the balance spring is bent as well...

post-1-0-02661500-1425461511_thumb.jpg

I truly am not sure I will be able to revive this as the co-axial parts are restricted, but we shall see how this turns out - I am not too hopeful though.

I take it it wasn't running then! ;)

Even though it was full of WD 40, it's the amount of crud that shocks me. I saw an photograph on the net of one in great need of service, and it although not covered in WD 40, was full of what is best described as swarf. It makes me wonder how they can get that bad, even without regular servicing.

I'm a great Omega fan, but have no desire whatsoever for a co-axial watch. :(

WD 40 is the pain of the clock world too. It,s original name was "Water Displacement #40"  If I get one in I first remove as much as possible with white spirit & cotton buds before the ultrasonic clean.

P. S. The basic ingredient is FISH OIL.

WD 40 is the pain of the clock world too. It,s original name was "Water Displacement #40"  If I get one in I first remove as much as possible with white spirit & cotton buds before the ultrasonic clean.

P. S. The basic ingredient is FISH OIL.

All the parts are nicely soaking in lighter fluid at the moment - I don't want to contaminate my expensive watch cleaning solution.

• Like 2

Disgusting! Filth! Really Mark you should have the decency to use black rectangles to cover up the worst parts of this! I thought my computer had been hijacked by one of those rude sites everybody keeps telling me about.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I just received a lot of 40, yes 40 watches.  ALL of which have WD40 dripping from them....returning and giving the seller a good talking to even if they weren't the perpetrator!  And here I thought I was the first to discover this moronic fix:/  People really can be intelligent about this stuff!  I like that 3-in-1 joke, LOL;) 

• 3 weeks later...