New 5030.d ronda 12h fault

Ishima

Hi everyone, i was carrying out a ronda 5030.d module exchange and somewhere along the line i must have upset the 12h gear train as it stopped turning with the hands. 

I took the gear train apart to check it but i can see nothing obviously wrong with any of it.

Does anyone have any pointers, thank you.

1 hour ago, Ishima said:

Does anyone have any pointers, thank you.

You should post at least a picture of the section where you suspect the problem lies. Is not like everyone is familiar with the ins and out of that module.

ronda-caliber-5030-d-swiss-made.thumb.jpg.bc7e29b96fdf3487bea9ef4e4183c725.jpg

A stock photo for what it's worth. (The problem is not visually apparent on my movement anyway)

I may have answered my own question however while writing this, reading the service sheet for this movement there's this section...541763660_bluecoil.PNG.6656c78b481a99a86926b9a44e0ea522.PNG

I'm not aware that i touched this coil at any point but If they feel the need to mention its particular sensitivity... and if the gear train has lost all its driving force... It would seem like a reasonable assumption that i accidentally touched, and damaged this coil with something.

The good news is the old movement had no such fault in its 12hr function, I should be able to very carefully swap these blue coils and see if that resolves it. 

I'll report back tomorrow.

Hi everyone, you won't believe how silly this is, it dawned on me in the shower...

I'm talking about a 12hr sub dial... for the stop watch...
Not a 24hr sub dial for the time keeping... there was never a problem to begin with, i just completly misunderstood what i was dealing with. ?

• Haha 2