Hi guys!

Jdg123

Hi my name is Jonas, 

I’m new to this forum and to watchmaking. I’m from Germany, 20 years old an have been a fan of mechanical watches since I got a Tissot lelocle as a gift from my parents when I was 14 years old. Since then I got a few more lower level mechanical timepieces like the Hamilton Khaki mechanical and the Steinhart Ocean One. My first “Projekt” is a 1959 Tissot seastar I got of eBay. I’m here to look for advise on this and probably future projekts since I’ve recently bought a few more (cheaper) watches including a 60s Dugena Troupier, a Lanco Naval, a 1940s Aplina 592 KM (Kriegsmarine) and a 1945 Zenith military-Style watch (the later two I don’t feel comfortable working on yet) on eBay to practice servicing mechanical movements and learn the techniques involved. So far I’ve already learned that cap jewels like flying (sadly I never found the capstone on the Tissot, which leads to my first question on this forum) and that I need to be very careful when removing the balance (I tangeled the hairspring of the Dugena in the trainwheels and bent it a little bit, replacement is on the way though). 

Eventhough I have been breaking more than I’ve fixed so far I’m having a great time working on watches. 
Best regards. 

• 5 months later...