Automic-Test-Cyclotest-Watch-Tester-Watch-Test-Machine

Geo

That looks good Geo keep us posted to how it performs.

Will do Clockboy.

So far it's been run continually for two days, everything turning as it should, no heating up and very little noise. The only minor criticism is the grommet where the cable enters the casing is the wrong size. The case is too thick for the groove in the grommet. Appart from that, it's all OK. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Geo,

Do you see after these few weeks any reason not to buy this winder?

As Horology is a hobby with me, I have only used it a few times and it's working just fine. For the little money that it cost, I'm well pleased with it. :)

theyre used for testing the watch automatic winding.

Every movement in its specification has info how much it should wind on the machine,depending on the rpm of the machine

The watch is put on the machine,after the time has passed you remove the watch from machine and leave it, it shoul work, at least as the movement stated power reserve.

br

emso

P.s.sent from my s****y phone,so sorry for typing mistakes

• Like 1

:bow: Oh the power of knowledge! And I thought I knew everything about this tool! ....I didn't know about the table, on second thought I even didn't have a second look at it! Not a pretty label, I'm enlightened!

Cheers,

Bob

Just a word of caution.

I purchased one of these off the bay a few years ago and it was OK for about 8 hours of use - then two of the arms fell off with the watches on them. further investigation, I found the arms are connected to a plastic rack and pinion mechanism with circlips that failed.

This unit may be different to mine (which I threw in the bin).

In the unit's defence - I was using it to wind up rather large and heavy watches like Breitlings and Omegas.

:)

Also, be aware that it winds watches in one direction only. So you have to think about how you mount a watch that only winds in one direction (a Valjoux 7750 for example).

Also, be aware that it winds watches in one direction only. So you have to think about how you mount a watch that only winds in one direction (a Valjoux 7750 for example).

That was something I hadn't thought about when I bought it. I decided to put it to the test and see what was going on. Luckily I have one if these see through automatic watches, so I put it on the machine to check things out. What I found was, due to the myriad of contorsion the watch goes through, the rotor fell in both directions. It did have a slight bias for the weight to turn in a clockwise direction as viewed through the "front" of the watch. This was when the machine was rotating in a clockwise direction. Another thing at I discovered, the machine does not always run clockwise when switched on, sometimes it goes anti-clockwise. When thIs happens the watch was observed to have the same bias when winding as it did when the machine was running anti-clockwise.

As promised here's photo if the drive gears and circlip. It definitely isn't the best quality, but I checked all the clips for proper location and tightness, and all seemed OK. So far "for the money" I'm very happy with it. It's run for about forty eight hours so far without any problem, but if it does start falling appart I'll let you know.

post-124-0-19316500-1426252403_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
5 minutes ago, Tunokies said:

I've had one that lasted 2 years but I did notice that the cable had gotten tangled with one of the arms which kind of knackered the gearing. I now have a 2nd one and have tidied the cable. Mistake learned.

I found that some of the arms unscrewed themselves. I used loctite on all of the threads and no issues since.

• Like 1