Seiko SNXX51

8 hours ago, Tudor said:

Let’s get some good close ups of the bezel straight on, and at side angles. It probably can be removed...

Seiko 5 bezels can be removed but that requires a good press and precise dies. If the OP's intention is just to change its color he can simply polish it well without removing it. That requires a rotary tool or even better a bench polisher, and the proper felt wheels  and compounds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jdm said:

Seiko 5 bezels can be removed but that requires a good press and precise dies. If the OP's intention is just to change its color he can simply polish it well without removing it. That requires a rotary tool or even better a bench polisher, and the proper felt wheels  and compounds.

I just want to get rid of the gold so this could be the best option. Thank you

I think you'd still want to remove the bezel to polish; the gold is most likely TiN and it will require some effort to remove...

If you do it in place, you may lose a lot of case before you are done with the bezel. If it IS gold, it will come off easily. But Seiko is known for pioneering TiN coating so that's where I'm betting.

I'd chuck the bezel in the lathe and polish it that way.

• Like 1

Just now, Hutchlee said:

Also is there a special type of bracelet I need for it? It is about 9mm lug to lug

Yes ,the original bracelet. That type of construction is called "case integrated" and is not a good choice if like to change to a strap or anything else.

• Like 1

This is complicated, but, MAYBE you can run an aftermarket "Oyster" style bracelet without the end links.

BUT, you'd need to mill in access notches on the underside of the last link to get the spring bars out, and you'd need the spring bars. The smallest Rolex ones I am aware of (for small Tudor ladies watches) are 11mm width, so those won't work.

You may be able to find 9mm flanged spring bars for ladies watches on the web...

2 hours ago, Tudor said:

This is complicated, but, MAYBE you can run an aftermarket "Oyster" style bracelet without the end links.

BUT, you'd need to mill in access notches on the underside of the last link to get the spring bars out, and you'd need the spring bars. The smallest Rolex ones I am aware of (for small Tudor ladies watches) are 11mm width, so those won't work.

You may be able to find 9mm flanged spring bars for ladies watches on the web...

I am thinking I can just reuse these adapters on the current bracelet to fit a new one

B2F366B1-788B-4844-9908-EACB394CA6E9.jpeg

I can’t see that clearly in the picture but the springbars should absolutely be replaced. The “adapters” should be carefully checked to be sure you don’t dump the watch unexpectedly. 

Im not able to measure the oyster mid link right now, but if it fit, it would open up a lot of aftermarket bracelets since it is widely copied. 

• Like 1