Clock trademark help

Stuart2

This mark is attributed to a company called "Gerbr Rechiel" in the town of "Markt Dietenhofen, Germany"

thought to appear also on some "Germania Regulator Factory" clocks so probably taken over by that company at some point.

There is no information other than trademark origin that I can find.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Thanks wls1971, I couldn't find a thing about the makers mark. 

I use a number of books by Karl Kochmann, his best known is "Clock and Watch Trademark Index of European Origin" well worth seeking out his books for anything German he was meticulous in his research of German factories and makers.

3 hours ago, Stuart2 said:

unfortunately the clock had worm so i took it apart and treated it

German Vienna clocks seem very susceptible to worm it's the soft wood, I bought one sight unseen at auction once it was absolutely riddled with worm, I now use Rentokill wax polish once a year on my wooden clocks.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I've got four Vienna's on my wall I have to hang them so far up the wall I need a step ladder to wind them, I have a cat that see's every thing I hang on the wall as a challenge that must be met, thankfully she not a scratcher, just has an eternal quest to reach the highest point in any room.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

The curtains are not safe then? and best not keep a Budgie.

11 minutes ago, Stuart2 said:

I bet she loves cuckoo chains

Her favourite spot is on top of the bookcases in the living room the route is across the top of all the clocks on the mantle piece, jump onto a grandmother clock and then onto the book case her route down is much more direct straight onto the sofa from height which is not so good if I doze off on it.

The case looks much better the colours evened up nicely what did you use have you just waxed it ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wls1971 said:

Her favourite spot is on top of the bookcases in the living room the route is across the top of all the clocks on the mantle piece, jump onto a grandmother clock and then onto the book case her route down is much more direct straight onto the sofa from height which is not so good if I doze off on it.

The case looks much better the colours evened up nicely what did you use have you just waxed it ?

It was originally treated for woodworm, then thoroughly cleaned then i used liberon medium oak black bison wax and plenty of elbow grease. The movement was really well made, dead beat escapement with maintaining power, just required new lines and a strip down and clean and probably one of the only clocks that i have done like this that did not require any bushings. Really pleased.