New Arrival Quiz

Never mind, the cigar is something I won't miss.

These new fangled electric things are all the same to me anyway..... black magic!!!!! :devil:

It's 45years old! Hardly new fangled! ;-) It really does hum!! It's in really good nic, the bracelet is signed omega but almost looks too good! It has the feel of a brand new watch!

It's a lovely watch Yogi. :) I don't care what Marc says (where's the sticky out tongue smiley when you need one?)

:P to you too Geo  :D

Actually I have absolutely nothing against these or any other of the transitional technologies between mechanical and quartz (nothing against quartz either), it's just that I have very little experience of them; and that is a very nice watch Yogi.

I do have a non-working Accutron sat in my projects box waiting for me to pluck up the courage to have a go but I need to source a replacement component coil first, I got as far as testing that with a meter.

I also need to work out how I can test the functionality of the rest of the electronics without having to fork out a mint on new tools that will only get used once in a blue moon. I do have an old oscilloscope (CRO) and was wondering if that could be of any use in diagnosing problems in watch electronics so if anyone can shed any light I am all ears.

You can tell by the lugs - just showing in the picture - that it's a cone casing, as opposed to the more conventional lug casing. I've never been turned on by the cone case when I've seen pictures of it off the wrist - but I have to say it looks good on the wrist.

Should anyone want to indulge in a hummer, there's a very friendly chap in Brighton - Paul - just down the road from me, who is the man behind the Electric Watches Company:

http://electric-watches.co.uk/

He has drawer after drawer of the little hummers - Hamiltons, Bulovas, Wittnauers - some of them for sale at reasonable prices. What he doesn't know about them isn't worth knowing. Super guy - worth checking out if you need a service or a s/h hummer.

He's an extremely knowledgeable and friendly guy. I saw his collection of stuff and his workshop at his house recently. He's also the chappie who sold me the ESA/ETA movement technical sheets that I've been scanning and adding to Mark's movement database.

Edited by WillFly