Platax Tool On The "bay"

Marc

Anyone after a Platax tool on the cheap I think I may have spotted one that is incorrectly described on eBay.

Item #381172516478

It is listed as an MKS standard staking set which is only half right. The box is from an MKS standard staking set as are some of the stakes and stumps, however, sat in the middle of the box is what looks to me like a Platax.

I don't know how complete it is but MKS sets usually go fairly cheap in comparison to Platax tools so could be a real bargain for someone.

It don't look like a Platax, it is a Platax. You can see better in the last picture. A little tatty but... The problem is, this kind of auction (staking tool set) generally ends with final price up to GBP120. And without Platax. I wonder how high this item will end.

How bizarre. The platax tool is lumped into the staking box. It will be interesting to see what this goes for - a very good platax, boxed, went for £240 recently. I suspect this could go to £150.

I find that bargains are getting very rare these days on eBay with more and more people using sniping software.

Slightly off topic but I recently smiled to myself when an incabloc stump set went for slightly more than cousins actually sell them for brand new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the Platex is longer available new.  I don,t know if Bergeon no longer manufacture them (from Cousins anyway) so eBay is the only way to get one.  Why the halt in production of these tools is strange with no equivalent being produced.

The eBay final prices of tools are often more than new as Mark points out.

Edited by clockboy