Thats the same company I posted the link for the other day except its their ebay listing.

Much easier to buy from I would imagine.

Thats the same company I posted the link for the other day except its their ebay listing.

Much easier to buy from I would imagine.

I realized that after I posted. Same name and same photos of the lamp.

If it's a good quality lamp, the price isn't out of line. Based on the feedback from Geo and Mark, it's tempting...

I realized that after I posted. Same name and same photos of the lamp.

If it's a good quality lamp, the price isn't out of line. Based on the feedback from Geo and Mark, it's tempting...

Certainly looks to be a good light.

I'm loathed to pay £100 for something that I see for sale in Europe for £60.

Besides, the leds used aren't that expesive. Might try and convert any old tube light myself.

Certainly looks to be a good light.

I'm loathed to pay £100 for something that I see for sale in Europe for £60.

Besides, the leds used aren't that expesive. Might try and convert any old tube light myself.

It actually came to £99 including VAT and Shipping.

I have used the lamp for the last two days, today I had a full working day under this lamp and I have to say I am very impressed. The light is ample, it does not hinder work. I can have it a bit further away and it still emits enough light.

The light is easy on the eyes with no flicker, no eye fatigue in sight (:)

No noise like some lamps I have used in the past.

No heat generated like my previous lamp. 

At them moment - nothing bad to report.

It is well worth the money in my opinion - as long as it lasts (I am sure it will).

:)

I looked around locally and found it as well, but the price is £120 ex VAT so I'd much rather buy it from Cousins, but unfortunately the only shipping option they offer adds over £70 to the price. :angry:

Wouldn't it be worth checking how much the polish companies will charge to send it to you?

The light is around £55.

Wouldn't it be worth checking how much the polish companies will charge to send it to you?

That would be nice but the Polish companies that I found only seemed to sell domestic. No foreign shipping options, and no english language doesn't help either.

I'm still hoping a Chinese source can be found. That lamp cdjswiss found looks interesting for example.

Hi guys, if you convert one, please, post your experience with the mod. I'd rather tinker with those...more enjoyable!

Cheers,

Bob

I'm a tinkerer too, though usually my projects end up costing more than just buying whatever I'm trying to make. I've been doing some experimenting with heat sinks and different leds/power supplies.

nichia_on_heatsink.jpg

I'm really liking this mod, but unfortunately, the only place I can find that lamp for sale is from Germany.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?357036-SIS-desk-lamp-modding-with-2x-50W-Epistar-LEDs&p=4157661#post4157661

• Like 1

Thanks, Bob. The SIS lamp mod isn't mine. The picture is of some leds I stuck on a bit of heatsink to test brightness at different currents. I want something brighter than my current light. At 700mA those 4 leds are much brighter, but they run really hot - the heatsink gets up to 114° F. I'm going to try a larger number of more efficient leds at a lower drive current and possibly a chunkier heatsink. By interrupters, you mean those grey and orange thingies? Those are a cool replacement for wire nuts. They make it easy to connect and disconnect wires. Great for testing.

Hi,

I've been reading the forums for a while but not had anything to contribute. I felt the need to add my thanks to those suggesting the light from Cousins. I'd been looking for a new one for my bench for a while as my current one, whilst otherwise fine, has become a bit noisy. I'd been looking at ones costing quite a bit more than this one, but thought I'd give it a try given the positive comments. Glad I did - it really is good value I think, and so far totally silent. I've moved my other lamp over to my cleaning area where the noise is no longer noticeable, so it's worked out well. Thanks!

Stephen

• 3 weeks later...

I bit the bullet and ordered this light via Amazon

$129.99 + free shipping

Am I the first person in the U.S. to order one?

I'll let everyone know when it arrives and what I think.

Looks like FixFind also has an Amazon shop along with their website I posted and Don posted their eBay listing the other week. Way to maximise its presence.

On my wishlist too. Thanks, icius. All the searching I did for that and it's on Amazon Prime.

Please let us know how you like and whether you need a voltage adapter. The description says, "Voltage: 220-240V".

Don

I was worried about the voltage information as well.  I assumed (perhaps naively) that a U.S. seller selling a product to U.S. customers would be selling a product that would actually work in the U.S.  

Can any of you guys with this light put my mind at ease?  Does it come with plug adapters and does it say it is rated for 110-120 v as well?