Watch band repair on 1976 Birks mens wristwatch

jacobj

Hello everyone,

I am trying to fix a band for my Birks wristwatch. I am unsure what parts I need to fix this, and more so where the best place to get them would be. Nothing I can find online feels like it would work.

I have looked at entirely new bands but nothing fits the look of the watch quite like the original band.

What I would love to know is where i can get a clasp that would fit the band (if possible). Also if anyone else does have recommendations for a band, I've included the watch case so you have an idea of whats being matched. Let me know if i left out a measurement that would be useful.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Best,

Birks Watchband Specs.jpg

clasp.png

case.png

I think the "blades" of a 78360 (generic) might work, based on the sizes. You might also be able to find a bare clasp only too, if you dig around, since you don't need the links...

I have purchased from this seller in Texas before. They carry a lot of generic parts (some better than others), but the bracelets are generally fine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/311622843874?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338679342&customid=311622843874_1&toolid=11000

You will have to take the clasp apart to get the blades out, and rework it onto your clasp. You can get generic spring bars for the clasp as well. If not there at WO990, then StarTime for sure has them (because I've ordered them from there before)

• Thanks 1

Ok we did it!!

Want to thank you @Tudor for your post, it got me on the right page.

Because I am in Toronto, ON, Canada. I ordered from Perrin Watch Parts. I would recommend for anyone in Ontario. The part I used to fix this was called "3 Fold Center Catch Foldover Watch Buckle"

I have one remaining question about this because I've kinda hacked a solution for the time being.

There is a pin needed to connect the the band to the buckle, I took a photo of the location this pin goes. I was sure the watch buckle would come with this pin.. but it did not. 

Whatever pin I need would be (measures 15.88mm) 16mm I guess. Then do i just match the circumference of the hole through the band?

Backstory, this watch was given to my father from my mother on their wedding day in 1976

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 9.13.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 9.14.11 PM.png