Balance

wudce

Have another pocket watch with a 6498 movement and other than the Hairspring it looks good. The Hairspring you could tell it was bent and off center which I'm sure someone with right skill can fix but that's not me, not right now anyways. So going by the part number Mark show in his video which is 721 I order a new one and the one that came in is a lot small than what I have. Question is are there different sizes of this part or what. Thanks for help.

IMG_009.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

Hi wudce.

Ligne 6-3/4 is usually for ladies watch, plenty out there and worthless, you should return it.  

Balance wheels of different size can produce same frequency providing the balance complete is built with proper hairspring, rollers on both got to be the same size though.

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

Hi wudce.

Ligne 6-3/4 is usually for ladies watch, plenty out there and worthless, you should return it.  

Balance wheels of different size can produce same frequency providing the balance complete is built with proper hairspring, rollers on both got to be the same size though.

Not worth returning at only 5 bucks, should have knew for that price something was not right, but we live and learn do we not. I will try to fixed what I have or keep this for spear parts.