Advanced Members Club... Did I dream it?

Marc

9 hours ago, Marc said:

I do hope that a way forward can be found that everyone can be happy with, but either way I will certainly continue to offer what I can when I can to help my fellow watch tinkeres and pro's alike. 

@Marc For sure, we will work something out as I do like the concept - thanks for the support. @Tudor has also made some great suggestions and I am taking all comments on board.

8 hours ago, nickelsilver said:

I was actually thinking of offering a staff or stem (cut) per month for needy members or something but didn't really know how to offer that. That's a freebee though, so sort of out of this discussion.

Definitely not off topic @nickelsilver, from the start this forum was intended to be a community led peer to peer support group where people who know more can help people who know less. Unfortunately there are a lot of watch repairers out there who think they are above helping learners, novices and hobbyists (I have even received stick from some of them in my YT comments lol) and so the aim is to gather good people such as yourself and others here to help fill that gap. And that is how we shall continue.

• Like 5

On 9/28/2020 at 2:08 AM, Nucejoe said:

Ye, friendly forum, friendly advice, free memership, friendly free parts. 

Free lunch.  ?

????? do you mind explaining your post?

On 9/27/2020 at 11:50 PM, jdm said:

I have nothing against the idea but just let's call it for what it is: sales section.

Asking to buy, or offering for free has never been against the rules.

fully agree...

On 9/27/2020 at 11:04 PM, Watchtime said:

There will always be some people not liking changes as some not liking no changes...

just my 2 cents.....

Would you mind naming one "not liking the idea".

On 9/28/2020 at 9:39 PM, spectre6000 said:

So the contention is that it's free to use the advanced members section, or that people will be looking for free tools/parts, or ___?

No.

On 9/27/2020 at 11:50 PM, jdm said:

I have nothing against the idea but just let's call it for what it is: sales section.

I misunderstood it too. A sales section, was/is  not the intent.

On 9/30/2020 at 5:53 PM, Watchtime said:

I said not liking changens, I did not say "the idea"

I was trying to make a point and I found your post easiest to attach it to and made a mess in doing so, Didn't mean no disrespect, my apologies.

• 3 months later...
On 27/1/2021 at 5:45 AM, MechanicMike said:

I missed this whole thing. 

Any word or update on this ladies and gents?

I think at this point it is clear that there will be no change in the current "no sales" policy. Personally I do not see the need for that or for ranking members.

So, again:

If you need a part or tool, it's OK to post about it, any offer must be in PM or even better email. 

If you wish to give away something that is welcome anytime. 

• Like 1