What is differences between bergeon oilers?

HonestRepair

Hi, I'm using bergeon oiler 30102 for lubricating. I feel it couldn't grip very tiny drop of moebius 9415 for pallet jewels.

So, I searching alternative oiler for it, and found 2 more bergeon made oilers.

These are the Bergeon 5423 and 7013. There is not detail description about them. 

Please tell me about what is differences and what is best choice for my problem.

Thank you! 

7013.jpg

5423.jpg

30102.jpg

I'm attaching PDFs of each of the numbers you have. But there is a minor problem with the number in that each number refers to a whole bunch a Oilers of different sizes.

Then I'm attaching an image of the 7013 which comes in several sizes. his is listed as their precision oiler because the shape is very defined and will supposedly only pick up a very exacting quantity of oil.

While the problems with looking at the various Oilers and I have a link that shows that is there also made by a variety of other companies. Then the shape at the end can be different. Personally I find I like the flat end of verses the multi-sited ends that some of them have. I don't even know who makes my favorite oiler other than it just says made in Switzerland I know what I found a style I liked I purchased several of them so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

Then conveniently am not finding it but I've seen articles out there of people that will modify the oiler themselves. Another result flattened them's the more flat bill conceivably shapes them and the sums shape that they like or they perceive is somehow better. So if you don't like one try purchasing something else.

https://www.esslinger.com/bergeon-30102-watch-dip-oilers-individual/

oiler 7013.JPG

7016 C oiler.pdf 5423 oiler 7017 7018 7019 7020.pdf 30102 oiler 7016 M N O.pdf

• Like 1

7 hours ago, clockboy said:
  • I have been using the Bergeon oiler you are using for a number of years with no issues apart from (I don’t know how) I damaged the tip of my finest once. The angle you approach with the oiler tip gives various amounts. 

I know that the angle and speed of pull out an oiler from oil is critical factor for how much oil get. But, from a while ago, I felt it was little bit difficult to control it. The oiler gripped very much or nothing ?

It was very stressful. Maybe I need more plactice and training, but I want to know what is different more expensive oiler.

7 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

I'm attaching PDFs of each of the numbers you have. But there is a minor problem with the number in that each number refers to a whole bunch a Oilers of different sizes.

Then I'm attaching an image of the 7013 which comes in several sizes. his is listed as their precision oiler because the shape is very defined and will supposedly only pick up a very exacting quantity of oil.

While the problems with looking at the various Oilers and I have a link that shows that is there also made by a variety of other companies. Then the shape at the end can be different. Personally I find I like the flat end of verses the multi-sited ends that some of them have. I don't even know who makes my favorite oiler other than it just says made in Switzerland I know what I found a style I liked I purchased several of them so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

Then conveniently am not finding it but I've seen articles out there of people that will modify the oiler themselves. Another result flattened them's the more flat bill conceivably shapes them and the sums shape that they like or they perceive is somehow better. So if you don't like one try purchasing something else.

https://www.esslinger.com/bergeon-30102-watch-dip-oilers-individual/

oiler 7013.JPG

7016 C oiler.pdf 747.56 kB · 4 downloads 5423 oiler 7017 7018 7019 7020.pdf 2.71 MB · 2 downloads 30102 oiler 7016 M N O.pdf 2.35 MB · 2 downloads

Thanks for your stuff! Maybe your Switzerland oiler is Horotec or AF.

The 7013 have pipe niddle shape like as little bit modified syringe's. And 5423 and 30102 have same flat tip like spoon. If so, can I understand 7013 give more accuracy quantity of oil by its shape?

Hb335dda25cec4a49b3b0896d10f763bfr.jpg

51KECwAz4BL._AC_SS350_.jpg

3 hours ago, VWatchie said:

I use Bergeon’s “ergonomic oilers” most of the time and always when oiling pallet stones. Silly expensive, as most Bergeon tools, but still worth their price.

Thanks! Is the ergonomic oilers mean bergeon 7013 it have color rings its body?

You started lubricating with it? Or have you ever use flat type oiler? Can you share your expirence more detail? Thank you!

Edited by HonestRepair

May seem daft but have you tried giving your oilers a thorough clean.  if they have been in contact with anything containing silicone oil (seal grease etc), PTFE (some oils), or moly/graphite etc, then these tend to 'plate' onto the oiler and prevent proper oil stiction. May have to be mechanically cleaned (ie with cloth or very fine paper) then finished in an U/S cleaner.

Edited by canthus

1 hour ago, canthus said:

May seem daft but have you tried giving your oilers a thorough clean.  if they have been in contact with anything containing silicone oil (seal grease etc), PTFE (some oils), or moly/graphite etc, then these tend to 'plate' onto the oiler and prevent proper oil stiction. May have to be mechanically cleaned (ie with cloth or very fine paper) then finished in an U/S cleaner.

OK! Thanks. I will try it!

19 hours ago, HonestRepair said:

Is the ergonomic oilers mean bergeon 7013 it have color rings its body?

Yes, they have colour rings. Here's a link to them.

You started lubricating with it?

No, I started with normal oilers. This A*F set show in the picture here (no longer for sale it seems).

Can you share your expirence more detail?

I found it extremely difficult to oil jewel holes with any precision, not to mention pallet stones, using ordinary oilers and an eye glass. So, I got myself the Bergeon ergonomic oiler set, an inexpensive Chinese stereo microscope, and after that oiling jewels holes and pallet stones has been become a lot easier and very precise. Quite an investment at the time not knowing if my interest would take off, but it did and I now consider these tools some of my most important alongside good tweezers and screwdrivers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VWatchie said:

Yes, they have colour rings. Here's a link to them.

No, I started with normal oilers. This A*F set show in the picture here (no longer for sale it seems).

I found it extremely difficult to oil jewel holes with any precision, not to mention pallet stones, using ordinary oilers and an eye glass. So, I got myself the Bergeon ergonomic oiler set, an inexpensive Chinese stereo microscope, and after that oiling jewels holes and pallet stones has been become a lot easier and very precise. Quite an investment at the time not knowing if my interest would take off, but it did and I now consider these tools some of my most important alongside good tweezers and screwdrivers.

Thank you for sharing your nice experience about how and why choose this tool. It's very helpful for me and others. Thanks again.

• Like 1