Bergeon Cannon Pinion Remover

Seth

Good Afternoon,I hope you are all keeping safe and well during this tough time.I wonder if anyone can help me with a small problem I have.I have just purchased a new Bergeon Cannon Pinion Remover and it will not remove any cannon pinion's from wristwatch movements as when the lever is fully depressed the collet will not close enough to grip the pinion it just is too big for watch pinion's.It works on large pocket watch movements but not on wristwatch movements of various sizes as I have tried 5 different movements with all the same results.I enclose photos of the new tool as received from H Walsh I await any replies before I send this back for a full refund. Regards,Seth.

IMG_20200926_123431346.jpg

IMG_20200926_123439405.jpg

• Thanks 1

When I bought mine the information on CousinsUK clearly stated: "for small and large watches” and ”adapted to all calibres”. It was not, and Cousins changed the description (added: "Can lift cannon pinions diameter Ø1.00 to Ø1.80mm") and refunded the money. I record a video about it...

Hi to you all,just a quick update on this Bergeon Cannon Pinion Remover 4854, I emailed Bergeon to say how disappointed I was that this item will not remove pinions of 1.0mm and less and Bergeon have said that this 4854 Cannon Pinion Remover is for pocket watches!! They suggest that I use either a Presto type remover or Hand levers (hairspring collet type) and they have even enclosed their part numbers and PDF images of these items!!!! Regards to all and keep safe,Seth.

Good Morning to you all and I hope you are all keeping safe and well.Just a quick update on my Bergeon Cannon Pinion Remover,l decided to keep the tool and investigate if I could alter the collet size somehow.Well after disassembly of the tool and looking at the collet size I found out that with a small alteration of a Dremel collet using my Lorch lathe I think I might be on to a winning situation!! I will keep you posted on this.Regards to all and keep safe,Seth.

1 minute ago, Seth said:

Good Morning to you all and I hope you are all keeping safe and well.Just a quick update on my Bergeon Cannon Pinion Remover,l decided to keep the tool and investigate if I could alter the collet size somehow.Well after disassembly of the tool and looking at the collet size I found out that with a small alteration of a Dremel collet using my Lorch lathe I think I might be on to a winning situation!! I will keep you posted on this.Regards to all and keep safe,Seth.

Cut a piece of thin aluminm foil, like 1.5mm by 3mm, warp it aroumd a screwdrive about the diameter of canon pinion, role as you would a cigarrete, you are making a tube of aluminum, place the tube on the CANON pinion, you have increased diameter of the canon pinion by the tube's thickness, the tool grabs the bigger diameter.

It works.

Good luck.

• Like 1

• jdm changed the title to Bergeon Cannon Pinion Remover