Is dial on this watch misaligned or hands just inproperly installed?

fatum

Hello guys,

I received my Citizen PMT-56 from repair and noticed that the second hand doesn't hit the marks any longer. It used to!
So, I decided to fix it by removing the bezel with chapter ring and re-aligning it. But what I noticed is that when I align it with the second hand then the chapter ring is not aligned with the lume on 15m mark (see the picture). What I also noticed is that the stem goes above the lume mark (I would expect it to go right under the lume) - it made me think that the movement can be misaligned in the case. What do you think?

picture

I also tried to remove the stem, but couldn't do it: there is a small thing between 15 and 20 minute marks. I don't know whether I should push it towards the watch face or to pull it to the right from the movement. I tried both, but the stem still wouldn't go out. I didn't want to apply too much force without knowing exactly what to do with that small leverage. Could you tell me what to do with it?

I also tried to find a repair manual for E766, but didn't find anything.

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, fatum said:

I received my Citizen PMT-56 from repair

Before disassembly and trying to fix the watch yourself did you attempt to contact the people who previously did the repair and let them know you are unhappy? Then why did you send it in for repair?

22 minutes ago, fatum said:

I also tried to remove the stem

Usually not always when removing the stem you would take the back off can the back come off this watch?

I sent it for repair to them for 3 times - the watch refuses to do "All Reset". Not going to do it for 4th time. Besides, they already have done a full refund after not being able to fix it.

Now I have to deal with the results of their work. After all the problems and money spent I am going to do it myself this time.

It is a monocoque case and I have to remove the stem first before getting the movement out.

By the way, does anyone know how to remove and reposition watch face on the eco-drive citizen? I believe it is slightly misaligned.IMG_20200925_174359.thumb.jpg.c0605fbfc561b4c1f5bdf901494b8a44.jpgIMG_20200925_180220_1.thumb.jpg.d94d2ad00c1d91ca144ea11016875f70.jpg

Edited by fatum
typo

34 minutes ago, fatum said:

After all the problems and money spent I am going to do it myself this time.

I believe there's an old saying if you want it done the right do-it-yourself. Out of curiosity place reset your watch to where they authorized by citizen to work on their watches?

PDF is attached page 11 will get you started.

Citizan E76.pdf

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

PDF is attached page 11 will get you started

Oh. Thanks a lot! I was trying to pull it from the 2nd position while the manual says it should be done from 0 position. I will try to do it again tomorrow as my eyes already hurt.

Do you know by any chance how to remove the dial from the movement in order to re-align it. It is not mentioned in the guide. Can it even theoretically be misaligned? I think there should be some things which keep the dial and movement properly attached.

The place which tried to fix my watch was fixmywatch.co.uk . I think they are authorized.

I am not angry at them because they tried their best: tried to fix it themselves, then to order the circuit board from Citizen, then sent the watch to Citizen itself (Citizen also said they couldn't fix 'All Reset' procedure). After 3 attempts and more than 3 months of waiting they said they couldn't fix it and simply issued a full refund. And they were the only ones who agreed to take my watch for repair (although, originally, I sent it to them just for capacitor replacement as I thought it was a reason why it didn't Reset). I think 5 or 6 places before them refused to do it. Including Citizen UK and DE.

Edited by fatum

Always bad when the company that made the watch can't even fix it. 

Casually it look like your dial is the solar panel norm with a dial it have feet that could get bent. But maybe somebody was just sloppy putting the solar panel/dialback on C is have to make sure it's aligned correctly.

Secondhand placement on a quartz watches obtain. Ideally depends on the watch show at the look in the manual lot at times you want to support the backside because we put a lot of pressure it's bad. Then getting a hand where it's supposed to be can be quite a challenge. If you pull the stem out it's hacked but just because it's hacked doesn't necessarily mean it will be stopped where the hand is supposed to be. So you can try putting the hand where it's supposed to be when the stem is out if it's always in a different position you may be a link guess where you should put it to get it to be where it's supposed to be when the hand is moving. Not sure if that makes any sense but putting hands on quartz watches are a pain which is why they aren't always aligned. Then for some quartz watches if you follow hand all the way around its never aligned 100% of the time. Depends on how much slop there was in manufacturing of the gears.

• Sad 1

It seems that in this watch the dial is a solar panel. The manual says that:

<Removing method of solar cell>
(1) Slide off the contact of each of the two solar
cell connecting springs on the top of the
solar cell outward.
(2) Pull and lift up the solar cell in the 9-o’clock
direction to remove it.

I understand it as pulling out with scissors upper part of those copper connectors:

IMG_20200926_102518_2.thumb.jpg.3d4916674a7301c0746e5377828f23c4.jpg

I ordered some cheap tools from aliexpress. Will wait till they arrive to do the job: removing hands, pulling out the dial and re-installing everything hoping that it will sit more precise this time.

Edited by fatum