Hello there

Clockdoc

Hello fellow watch enthusiasts,

I'm finally a member of this nice forum. I think my email is somehow marked as untrusted because it kept saying i was banned. When using another email it all seems to work.

I live in the Netherlands and have always been interested in mechanical technology and technology in general actually. Some years ago I discovered the world of horology and was instantly hooked as I was amazed by the marvel in such a small housing. I took an online course (I hadn't discovered yours yet Mark, sorry), ordered the essential tools and started taking movements apart and assembling them. Since then I've been repairing (and breaking) some watches, from friends and family and some of my own. Also have been expanding my small workshop with tools little by little (still a lot missing though).

My latest project is an IWC Aquatimer 2000 with water damage. I've been struggling a lot with the internal bezel of which the turning mechanism was all rusted. Luckily the movement is not corroded. When I find the time I will definitely post the project in the right section here.

Take care!

• 5 months later...