Servicing pre-owned Seiko SARB033

ESmith

Hello,

Purchased a pre-owned (2 yr. old) JDM Sarb033 and it's losing approx 3-5 minutes in 24 hours.  Just starting the horological journey so no experience in repairs. Is this an easily fixable issue such as a matter of regulation or would it warrant a full service?  If either, what should one expect to invest with a professional watchmaker?  My apologies if I am not asking the correct question(s).  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hello and welcome to the forum.  Regards the watch the symptoms you describe would lead one to recommend a service as the history is not known. The issue could be down to oil degredation or some minute sticking of the balance spring or even the fact it has been adjusted by some one prior to you receiving it.

21 hours ago, ESmith said:

,Purchased a pre-owned (2 yr. old) JDM Sarb033 and it's losing approx 3-5 minutes in 24 hours.  Just starting the horological journey so no experience in repairs. Is this an easily fixable issue such as a matter of regulation or would it warrant a full service?

Hopefully it just need regulation, however to be diagnosed as a minimum the watch needs to placed on a timegrapher, which is also needed for a correct regulation across positions as well.

If either, what should one expect to invest with a professional watchmaker?

In the US, 200 USD would proably be a low estimate.

My apologies if I am not asking the correct question(s). .

You have posted in the sectiond dedicated to own repairs and projects. There is a dedicated one for questions.

Edited by jdm