Seagull TY2806 or ST1612 manual ?

Endeavor

Hello All;

I just received a new watch with Seagull ST1612 (21,600bph) movement. The movement has positional errors, that's to say an amplitude from 210 up to 272 degrees, a beat error between 0.0 and 0.6ms and a daily rate varying between -18 s/d and +12 s/d in the different positions. The power-train seems to run smooth as the timegrapher-lines are in each position straight.

While wearing, luck will have it that the watch gains 2 seconds in 24hrs !

Of course, it's a cheap movement and on average it seems to runs very decent indeed. I may leave it for a while to see if things improve during the "break-in" period, but knowing myself there will be a day that I will tear it apart to see if I can improve on the numbers and make a "walk-through" for the forum (has been a while since I did the last one) :)

The movement is predominantly a clone of the Miyota 8215 but it has a Seiko style auto-winding "Magic lever" system.

Most likely it won't be that hard to service the movement, but just in case, or for future reference, it's always nice to have a manual .......

Anybody a manual with exploded views?

Hope to hear .... :thumbsu:

Edited by Endeavor

2 hours ago, Endeavor said:

Anybody a manual with exploded views?

Chinese makers don't make any spare parts  (but the stem) or technical documentation available. Sometime, as in this case, the casing drawing can be found online.