Seiko 5 tools

Darrel22

Are you talking about a 7S26 or 36 movement (A or B version) Then that is a cross headed screw. There's a tool for it but I use a cross headed screw driver, I think it's a 1 mm, and it works fine for me.

Edited by aac58
  • Like 1

Just now, aac58 said:

Are you talking about a 7S26 or 36 movement (A or B version) Then there's that is a cross headed screew. There's a tool for it but I use a cross headed screew driver, I thin it's a 1 mm, and works fine for me.

yes its the 7s26   i have tried a 0.6mm i think its to damaged , i don't think its going to come out with any screw driver , 

If that is a specifically Made-by-Seiko screwdriver, then I have a toolbox drawer full of Made-by-Seiko precision screwdrivers that for all of the flat and phillips head screwdrivers that I have, probably only cost a bit more than that one on it's own.

I do not think that is a Made-by-Seiko screwdriver for a second.

23 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

If that is a specifically Made-by-Seiko screwdriver, then I have a toolbox drawer full of Made-by-Seiko precision screwdrivers that for all of the flat and phillips head screwdrivers that I have, probably only cost a bit more than that one on it's own.

I do not think that is a Made-by-Seiko screwdriver for a second.

Yes it's a 0,98 mm crosshead screwdriver made by Seiko for 7S26/7S36 movements.

4 hours ago, aac58 said:

Yes it's a 0,98 mm crosshead screwdriver made by Seiko for 7S26/7S36 movements.

I believe that the key point is that they are neither Pozi drive nor Phillips cross heads, but are JIS (Japanese Industry Standard) screws.

I wouldn't comment on who makes them but Seiko markets a JIS screwdriver to fit which will be a better match than Phillips or Pozi drive.

6 hours ago, Marc said:

I wouldn't comment on who makes them but Seiko markets a JIS screwdriver to fit which will be a better match than Phillips or Pozi drive.

Also the Swiss do sell one, and in the end any properly dressed flat driver will work too. With very small screws, very little torque is involved.

Edited by jdm